Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 AM

Default absolutely online poker

I have not played online poker in 2 months so I just heard about the Absolute cheating scandal. A few thoughts and questions:

1. Not saying any person would cheat at any other poker site, but how likely is it that for all the online poker sites, there is a very top level security person(s) who are able, if they chose to, to view real time hole cards of any table they wanted?

I think it's very possible for someone who has top level security clearance to watch real-time action as it's going on knowing everyone's hole cards. Again, I am not saying anyone would cheat if this were possible.

2. Notice that Absolute Poker said there is no "player" account that can see hole cards of their opponents. To me that means that super-user accounts exist, they just can't be used to play alongside regular accounts.

3. All this leads me to believe that it is very possible that other online poker sites may have people who do this in a smarter, less obvious manner. IF anyone could really see hole cards, wouldn't they be smart enough to lose a few big hands and not call all-in with 10 high?

4. Mark Seif, in my opinion, is a severe idiot. He may be a good poker player, but that doesn't mean he is above cheating. He may have cheated or he may not have, but his words and actions about the Absolute scandal is very questionable for a truly honest person.

5. I have an Absolute account but I never have played real money on there. I have a UBet account which does have real money. Now that they are the same company, I will never play real money at Absolute and I'll probably never play at Ultimate Bet again either.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: absolutely online poker

yes online poker is rigged
Old 11-12-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: absolutely online poker

1) Why are you asking if you already think it's very possible? Kindof a useless question regardless.

2) lol

3) Ok.

4) Ok.

5) Thanks for letting us know.

Ok, that covers everything. End thread. (Seriously, this wasn't worth starting a new thread. Go see the other threads.)