Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most hated mod?
NT! 19 12.42%
iron81 3 1.96%
Dynasty 22 14.38%
diebitter 20 13.07%
Dids 44 28.76%
daryn 8 5.23%
[censored] 25 16.34%
Other/ write-in 12 7.84%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Line cutting scenario (long + polls + MSPaint)

I put:

Maybe
Yes
Depends

I think in your situation, with the guy being a young kid with bluetooth, I am leaning towards saying something. Then again, I'm Russian, and was raised to just mind my damn business in situations like this, because it's not worth getting stabbed over some BS.

I put Yes, because if you do decide to say something, you are basically committed, and gotta go all the way. You can't just shut up, I'd holler at this guy until he went back to the end of the line, or until everyone paid attention and saw what kind of a douchebag he is.

Finally, Depends also rests on how big he is, how much of a hurry I'm in, how cold it is, and other factors like that.

There's always a chance it ends like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgzrJAgegKE

Oh, and yeah right @ 70% of people saying something.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

Isn't public opinion the driving force behind most of public actions? Wouldn't most people cut in line if other people wouldn't embarrass them for doing so?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats what im saying, if public opinion doesnt get him to the back of the line, theres not much really you can do except physical violence. So if he doesnt care about everyone thinking hes an assbag, its pretty much game over.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

Isn't public opinion the driving force behind most of public actions? Wouldn't most people cut in line if other people wouldn't embarrass them for doing so?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats what im saying, if public opinion doesnt get him to the back of the line, theres not much really you can do except physical violence. So if he doesnt care about everyone thinking hes an assbag, its pretty much game over.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, if he just 100% ignores you and you keep at it, people are gonna view you as the asshat for overreacting.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:40 PM

This happened to me at H&M the other day. Luckily the guy wasn't a dick because when I told him where the end of the line was, he just said "sorry" and went there. Stupid weak dollar flooding the city with Europeans.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, yes, make him go to the back

This guy is another example of what's wrong with our society in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got outplayed, Diablo. Nice hand villain.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 PM

Hijack Question about taking it too far:

I'm driving along Comm Ave. today, right through Kenmore Square (Boston). Right as the light turns green at an intersection, this bus comes cruising in from the left. It cuts us off, obviously going through as it had turned red, but whatever, bus drivers suck, so I don't get too pissed.

Then I realize that it is trying to get in line behind the other buses and there is no room. Our light is still green. "I'm like WTF is this idiot doing?" and give a quick beep as do some others around me. The buses in front of her don't budge. Now I'm pissed, when all of a sudden the doors open. The driver is letting people out in the middle of the [censored] intersection. The light has now turned red.

There is still no room for the bus to pull into the bus row behind the others, but it could still maneuver up next to them, clearing the intersection. It sits still. The light turns green again. Then, the front door opens back up, and the bus driver strolls out and [censored] walks away. She heads towards where the other drivers are and starts talking to them and it becomes clear that is not too concerned with being quick about it, despite blocking a major intersection and multiple lanes of traffic.

At this point I've been sitting their for over 5 light changes (over 5 minutes) because of this bus. I, and others around me, have been intermittently laying on the horn and yelling swears.

I guess this was mostly a rant, but at what point do you stop laying on the horn and accept your fate as some schmuck in his car, unable to do anything? Do I get out of the car and go yell at the lady? Just lay on the horn when it obviously isn't havin an effect? I feel like my car needs a gun turret for times like this.

obligatory mspaint:

Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's obviously a ton of liars in this thread, as whenever this happens I'm the only person to ever say anything. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF LOL you have never been waiting for a cab in NYC at the airport.
I'm shocked the guy got away with it, too many people sleepy hungry Blackberry.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 PM

Yeah this guy sounds like a PUA type, and ElD got sorta owned. Nothing you can do though, just move on. Perhaps flirting back with him would have worked.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm driving along Comm Ave. today, right through Kenmore Square (Boston)....

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] dude, this would've put me on life tilt, but then it's pretty much a given driving in Boston.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 PM

Do you say anything in the first place? No.

Does the awesome version of you being played out in your head say anything? Yes.