Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: How do you play it ???

[ QUOTE ]
I was your opponent btw, maybe will respond after some discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you tell us what was your thinking now ??
Old 11-05-2006, 07:04 PM

I like a flop lead here. If pfr calls, the pot grows, others may call, you get paid more if you hit flush/stack lower flush for sure. If pfr raises your flop bet, and its fold to you, you're 3bet will fold his better ace very often. The only question in that spot is whether psr for 3bet looks more like set that wants call and thus has more f/e than all in.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:47 PM

Phil,

tough spot - especially after it checks around on the flop. I assume you were going got a check-raise on the flop? I think I prefer leading this flop, because you might freeze up a hand like AK/AQ into just calling and perhaps checking behind on the turn (fearing a check-raise) if you choose to check after getting a flop bet called. And on the other hand, getting a lot of money in on the flop if your lead is raised is fine too. For those reason, I prefer leading out on this flop. As you played it, I think calling the turn and folding the river seem best. If your opponent is not the type to attack weakness as a bluff, you could weak lead the river too.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 PM

i think cts is way more likely to bet air on this flop than a T. and his turn/river line is 100% perfectly in line with a T, and he's laggy enough to open a lot of tens here. so i like the fold.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:04 PM

havent played with cts in a while but this is air a large % of the time.... how large i dont know, thats why he's great and im not
Old 11-05-2006, 11:34 PM

All,

If this pot is 2-3 Handed I'm always confused weather to play the hand as a semi-bluff(c/r or b3b shove), or for value (check/call). Assuming that the PF raiser is an average TAG in the CO who c-bets often and the button is a fishy cold caller, what do you like do better on a flop this, and why.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 AM

these spots are always lots of fun. sometimes i lead. sometimes i check call, sometimes i check raise. sometimes i end up playing it exactly like how u did (including river fold). i duno im interested in reading more responses because im not sure what is best way to go about this. holla
Old 11-06-2006, 02:55 AM

I like leading out on the flop, but really what you do on the flop is not too important IMO as long as you don't fold. I say this a lot. There's no optimal strategy with a hand like this.

On the river, ???????
Old 11-06-2006, 03:22 AM

I prefer a c/r in this spot on the flop. obviously it checks around which puts you in a small bind. Does Villian check the flop with something like AK/AQ. im new to this site and i dont know players very well but I would say lead on the turn. if you check call the turn you might as well be on just a flush draw if you think your A is no good. possibly could be a slow played set. i think its fold on the river.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:33 AM

i like a check raise here on the flop also. if opponent calls and you think you can take the pot down with a second barrel then fire away, otherwise its c/f from there. with the check around, i bet out the turn. as played, fold the river.