Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow another commercial....last 20 minutes better be commercial free

[/ QUOTE ]

3 commercial breaks at teh 1/2 way is normal for any hour long show- there's only 44 minutes in an hour show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! How can you watch tv in the US? Here in switzerland you don't have ads during a movie, and in france there is only one 4-5min commercial.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

just to throw my 2 cents in...man, i usually watch it online, but i watched on tv last night, brutal, less than 10 hands the entire episode, right??

)#*%)(#I$ gold for not reraising PF, i was pissed when he tried to get tricky, that tool should have lost the last bit of his stack...

wow, the other players barely got any action in there, it really was the sammy show...

while i do find this to be more entertaining than a lot of u, i too am looking forward to newer players coming in to boost the quality of the hands without all the drama, which will mean more hands and more good poker
Old 11-20-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah i found that checkraise so awful watching the hand but I had to think about it when he was getting praised by Doyle or whoever was saying good play to get an extra $50k just thought it was weird he can praise that play. He basically turned his hand with decent showdown value into a bluff. Jamies call then was just LOL with the 9s from a check raise on that board. Such bad players on this show...

The preview looks good for next week though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not weird that Doyle should praise that play, he wants Guy to keep playing the way he's playing, why give lessons? you are never going to hear the likes of Doyle or Barry tell an amateur that he played a hand wrong
Old 11-20-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah i found that checkraise so awful watching the hand but I had to think about it when he was getting praised by Doyle or whoever was saying good play to get an extra $50k just thought it was weird he can praise that play. He basically turned his hand with decent showdown value into a bluff. Jamies call then was just LOL with the 9s from a check raise on that board. Such bad players on this show...

The preview looks good for next week though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not weird that Doyle should praise that play, he wants Guy to keep playing the way he's playing, why give lessons? you are never going to hear the likes of Doyle or Barry tell an amateur that he played a hand wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that Doyle/Barry/Chip/Phil licks their chops when Guy is in the big game especially since its a mixed game format.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just to throw my 2 cents in...man, i usually watch it online, but i watched on tv last night, brutal, less than 10 hands the entire episode, right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Disaronno on the rocks anyone?

http://www.disaronno.com/
Old 11-20-2007, 02:08 PM

I can't imagine how much that first hand would've tilted me if I'd actually been at the table.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Did anyone notice Jamie's demeanor change after Sammy reraised preflop to 90k? before he's clapping and laughing and then he's like don't hurt me, I can't fold...lol. Why didn't Jamie check down with trip K's against Patrik BTW, and not want to hurt him? Anyone else at that table and Sammy bets the river. But it's on television and Jamie is really begging him. Also sammy doesn't want to be the one that makes Jamie leave game, and not join them again. Hopefully we'll see somebody else next week besides the Jamie-Sammy show and funny that Sammy and Guy are the biggest winners so far. Jamie could have earned some respect folding after putting 90k in and seeing 4 cards, because he did think he had AA.(his normal reads are top set though, and still goes all in)
Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone hating Guy`s c/r (JJ-hand) so badly. Especially against Gold I quite came to like it after thinkin about it a bit (dont know if Guy`s thoughts were the same though,lol).

Assumptions:

1. I hope we all agree that he should at least call Gold`s bet on the turn.
Let`s say he calls the 25k --> pot is 91,000
2. Since Gold always talks about running big bluffs and crap like that, we are in a vulnerable position against him after just having called his turn raise cause he might think he can get away with a big river bet.
3. Gold will DEFINATELY bet big on the river after just being called on the turn with this board and alomst any card could be SCARY: ANY CLUB, ANY CARD THAT PAIRS THE BOARD SINCE HE COULD HAVE TWO PAIR AS WELL ALREADY AND WE`RE ALREADY BEHIND ON THE TURN, A TEN, ANY OVERCARD,Q,K,A COULD BEAT US!
4. I assume that most of the people here would call a decent sized river bet against the candidate for "best bluffer in the world", and decent would be about half the pot --->around 50k
5. Even Gold is not retarded enough to bluff-raise the river after being checkraised on the turn (he always gets really defensive when that happens and starts his speeches), which is actually a fact, cause he didnt bet after Guy checked to him on the river.

So the possible outcomes are:

1. We call his turnbet and call the riverbet of about 50k, and have no clue if the jacks are good.
2. We put in the 50k on the turn, which we would call off on the river ANYWAYS and have a better feeling when Gold gives away his hand after our checkraise by saying: "you ever bluff or no, is it possible?". If he has us beat he rereraises the turn and we lose the extra 50k from the reraise, but we would have lost them anyways if we just call the turn and he bets the river and has us beat.
Upside: we might win an extra 50k because the donk might actually call our c.r with a worse hand and check the river cause he gets scared if he doesnt make the nuts...

Comments appreciated...

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no magic extra 50K. If we lost the same playing it one way, we would win the same
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on alert)

[ QUOTE ]
He is from Longwood, TX as per his bio. I've heard Gabe say this also, and Longview is close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Longworth, not Longwood. A little west of Abilene.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is from Longwood, TX as per his bio. I've heard Gabe say this also, and Longview is close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Longworth, not Longwood. A little west of Abilene.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...pretty sure gabe said "Longview"