Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Home Game MOVE - Structure Question

Had the same kind of situation... some liked the tournament
($25 buy-in, freezeout), but some (including me) liked the cash game. I've been alternating.. one month tournament, one month 0.25/0.50 NL hold'em.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Home Game MOVE - Structure Question

the trickiest part about picking a limit is the different assortment of players who are used to our local $10 sng. Some dont understand the difference in stakes between SNG and NL Cash. To them .10/.25 NL sound WAY lower then a $10 SNG even though it is actually higher stakes. Others in out game are all of a sudden acting like this home game is a job and they wont play anything lower than .25/.50 which is a joke because these same players loved the $10 SNG we have always played. This is becuase it was low stakes, VERY competitive and most importantly FUN.

I know if we have a .10/.25 game 50 min away everyone would love it. Factoring in the gas $ no one is going to absolutely kill the game for big profits but I think it would be competive and fun just like the old game. Plus some of the players would just be blowing there money at a bar anyway talking to some chick whos looking around the room to see if theres someone more important they should be talking to and hes supposed to be all happy that shes wearing a backpack. Im trying to tell them not to be one of those assh0les.