Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 AM

Default AA w/ resistance on reasonably dry flop

Wanted to show that I did play the hand correctly by 3 betting the flop, but I have a quick question. If he were to shove after my reraise he's set hammed and its automatic fold right? Villain is TAG (18/14/1.00 >80 hands)

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $23.75
CO: $38.50
BTN: $25.80
SB: $29.75
BB: $4.75
Hero (UTG): $25.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, BTN folds

Results: $10.45 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero mucked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and WON $9.95 (+$4.90 NET)
Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: AA w/ resistance on reasonably dry flop

looks fine. i raise a bit more pre though, but i dont think it matters too much in the long run
Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 AM

When you pop it to 12 you've put in half your stack and (I think) committed yourself. If you're going to fold to a push you shouldn't be reraising.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 AM

call and check shove the turn
Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 AM

Board's really dry. I probably just call his flop raise. Then check raise all-in on turn most likely.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you pop it to 12 you've put in half your stack and (I think) committed yourself. If you're going to fold to a push you shouldn't be reraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think I'm committed at all. My image at the table solid TAG 18/15/0.7. A player of his style would not shove here with less than a set. He's less than 6 bucks committed with a full stack in front of him. What would he be 4 betting me with that I beat is the question. I can fold and chalk it up as a 12 dollar loss. Better than calling for a 2 outer and losing my entire stack.

Again we're talking about a solid TAG villain here, not someone who splashes around very many pots.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think I'm committed at all. My image at the table solid TAG 18/15/0.7. A player of his style would not shove here with less than a set. He's less than 6 bucks committed with a full stack in front of him. What would he be 4 betting me with that I beat is the question. I can fold and chalk it up as a 12 dollar loss. Better than calling for a 2 outer and losing my entire stack.

Again we're talking about a solid TAG villain here, not someone who splashes around very many pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...once you 3bet the flop you're getting it all-in. You'll be getting better than 3 to 1.

He could conceivably have any pair from 88-JJ and maybe worse.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would agree with you. But are you even taking reads into consideration. You sound like you would get AA all in on any dry flop against any player. Most of the time when people lose big pp's its because they called an all in at some point against a set or better. I had a read on him and that is what I'm basing my hypothetical situation upon.

Trying to get better at practicing for different scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...once you 3bet the flop you're getting it all-in. You'll be getting better than 3 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call and check shove the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands are we getting value from with a bet/call check/shove line? i'd like bet/call check/call bet/call line, but as played is 100% fine
Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lego you're completely disregarding the read I have on him. You sound like you would get AA all in against any player on any dry flop after they show resistance. This isn't a donkey we're playing here.

Most of the time when people lose with big PP's its because they got it all in after being played against on either the the flop turn or river because they couldn't let a monster PP go.

I would like some input from other players because you're making me sound like I'm completely indigent for even thinking about folding to a 4 bet here.