Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: 3/6 FT ring game, PF question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I drop this pf, but that's cause I don't think I'm good enough to play a big pot out of position with 77 reliably.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty simple really. if you don't flop a set(or maybe an overpair) you check/fold.

call pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you call with any pair? What would you 4-bet with?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would call with any pair.

i would 4bet TT+, AQs+, AQo+. maybe some other random crap at times(88 or 99, AJs, etc.). not 4betting sets up flop checkraises on safeish flops.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 AM

I cap this, but I think I'm much better at postflop play than I really am. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think capping this makes it much easier to play postflop. We know CO isn't folding to the cap or after catching any piece of the board, but BTN has to respect our cap & auto-lead on the flop. If we don't set & get raised on the flop, especially after a CO call, then we can pretty safely lay this one down. Vs. calling the 3bet and then playing the guessing game when the flop comes down T high and BTN bets (or raises our lead bet).

You also sometimes get the bonus of causing BTN to lay down a better hand when an A and/or K flops & we lead out. It's real tough for him continue with QQ-88 there after our cap, especially if CO calls our bet ahead of him.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:11 AM

What is the question exactly?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTN has to respect our cap & auto-lead on the flop........You also sometimes get the bonus of causing BTN to lay down a better hand when an A and/or K flops & we lead out. It's real tough for him continue with QQ-88 there after our cap, especially if CO calls our bet ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where your analysis breaks down IMO. he said button has a proclivity to raise a bunch of suited crap so we probably do have immediate hot/cold equity for the cap, but he also said button shows down any piece of the board. this means button will very often be beaten into submission by the cap and just call down with with a better hand. what happens is we start firing each street on that A or K high board and in essence we start betting his hand for him.

i do agree that if we get raised on that type of flop it's an easy fold, but i don't think we need to pay so much to get there. alas, if i had the postflop skilz of harvester dave it might be a different story. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 AM

"he said button has a proclivity to raise a bunch of suited crap so we probably do have immediate hot/cold equity for the cap, but he also said button shows down any piece of the board"

To wit: He opened Td2d from CO, and called all streets on a KT7Q5 board that had a single diamond on it. I had 3-bet him PF from the SB with KK.

The memorable hand for CO: I open AQs UTG, get 3-bet by utg+1, he calls three from SB, I call. (He was SB cause he'd left the game, then came back.) Flop is Qxx, he donks, I raise, UTG+1 folds, he calls. He then c/c every street on what is ultimately a ragged board and turns over AA.