Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Internet Dating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was afraid of that....
my worse fear is they trick me into having their baby saying they are on the pill when they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is easily avoided by taking measures beyond trusting some new woman's word.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't get preggo if you leave it on their face.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.....i should have been more specific. I am afraid that these mid thirties chicks are so desperate that they can trick me over the course of 3-6 months by acting not desperate and gaining my trust that they are normal. And when I stop using the rubber, they pretend to be on the pill.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was afraid of that....
my worse fear is they trick me into having their baby saying they are on the pill when they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is easily avoided by taking measures beyond trusting some new woman's word.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't get preggo if you leave it on their face.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.....i should have been more specific. I am afraid that these mid thirties chicks are so desperate that they can trick me over the course of 3-6 months by acting not desperate and gaining my trust that they are normal. And when I stop using the rubber, they pretend to be on the pill.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are seeing some chick for three to six months you should already know if you are being trapped. If not you are a sperm-tard.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM

don't end up like these guys

cribbed from paul phillips blog

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/ma...f_internetlies
Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dating seems to be a numbers game, and you really won't know what someone is like until you actually meet them in person. Quick short dates can weed out the bad candidates quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many sites allow the users to "rate" their dates? I did a quick search and the only one I found is called truedater.com. And I'm not familiar with the member benefits of the more established reputable ones. Has anyone used TrueDater, which supposedly consolidates reviews from various other dating sites?

So many non-dating sites use reviews and ratings, why not apply it to internet dating, beyond just physical appearance of course. I would want a feature like 30 second date review like on those dating shows, where the person reviews their date in a few sentences on a webcam. Are there any quality controls like these on any of the major dating websites besides the one I mentioned? Or is it just cross your fingers and hope for the best once you meet in person?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dating seems to be a numbers game, and you really won't know what someone is like until you actually meet them in person. Quick short dates can weed out the bad candidates quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many sites allow the users to "rate" their dates? I did a quick search and the only one I found is called truedater.com. And I'm not familiar with the member benefits of the more established reputable ones. Has anyone used TrueDater, which supposedly consolidates reviews from various other dating sites?

So many non-dating sites use reviews and ratings, why not apply it to internet dating, beyond just physical appearance of course. I would want a feature like 30 second date review like on those dating shows, where the person reviews their date in a few sentences on a webcam. Are there any quality controls like these on any of the major dating websites besides the one I mentioned? Or is it just cross your fingers and hope for the best once you meet in person?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a VERY VERY bad idea.

Reviewer thoughts after date: She didn't [censored] me!!!

Reviewer's review: No fun. Stick in the mud. No conversation skills. Her picture makes her look slim but in reality she is HUUUGE
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't end up like these guys

cribbed from paul phillips blog

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/ma...f_internetlies

[/ QUOTE ]

that is one sick story
Old 08-23-2007, 08:46 PM

Match.com is excellent if you have been out of the dating scene for awhile, great practice. I did it for a month trial, this is what I learned:

1. You must post a pic of yourself

2. The ladies get inundated with emails, if theyre cute every guy on there will send one. Rarely the girls will make first contact. Some "winks" maybe but you def have to be the aggressor.

3. Numbers game. I emailed 30, heard back from about 20, spoke to about 15 went out with 6, hooked up with 2, more than 5 dates 0.

4. The ladies like to put average or athletic when it is so not the case, but screw it down a couple of cocktails and enjoy the conversation.

5.Most people you contact will not be "the one", so keep expectations low, and you might be surprised.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM

any success stories? Not talking about banging hot chicks, I'm talking about meeting normal level headed chicks who look decent.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any success stories? Not talking about banging hot chicks, I'm talking about meeting normal level headed chicks who look decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from me. About 0-30.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:53 PM

google for speed dating near you