Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Combo draw, over pot bet, my action?

Any two [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Any A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 99, 88, 33, 98s, JJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]+... once he calls it's pretty much down to this range.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

whoops i cant read apparently
Old 11-20-2007, 03:48 PM

35/10/2.6 is sLAG and definitely not tight.

reload preflop.
fold preflop.

then fold on the flop as well. Overbets on teh flop like this from sLAGgy opponents are either air or more often a draw or a weak made hand. If we say 10% this is air - 20% weak hand like MP w/ no spade and 70% draw then most of the time his draw > our draw AND we'd need to hit to win.

If we had 7Tss here for the proper OESFD I like a push tho even then it's thin as villain here frequently has a higher spade than the T so when he calls the push we are drawing in this case at maybe 3-6 clean outs. How profitable pushing is here depends on how often he folds. We'd be risking 20 to win 8 are only winning as few as 20% when called so he needs to fold a LOT to be +EV I think.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers guys that was a fairly quick unanimous response.

What actually happened was that I pushed thinking he had alot of fold equity. I figured him for a solid made hand such as two pair of possibly a set. What do you think his range is here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your OP says you had been playing aggressively and your opponent had been playing tight. Given that info, I'd say you have 0 fold equity here. Remember to always be aware of what your image is to the other players.

EDIT: Actually 35/10 is not tight at all. Dunno why you'd think that? This is still an easy fold though.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What actually happened was that I pushed thinking he had alot of fold equity. I figured him for a solid made hand such as two pair of possibly a set. What do you think his range is here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think his range is a big spade/fd+sd, or a vulerable made hand(TPTK, set or 2 pair.) Highly unlikely he overbets the pot with a flopped flush. Also, you have the fe if you shoved, not him. Lastly, if you put him on a big hand, you don't have fe and pushing is terrible.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 PM

Yeah, its from a sample of about 300 hands. I just remembered being at the table thinking that he was a tight player, the when posting I went to get the data from my poker tracker and it turned out that I'd been not v.accurate. Cheers for the advice guys - I usually fold this situation just having an off night.

He called and flipped over 88 for a set, the turn paired the nine.

I reloaded for the next hand.