Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 10-10-2007, 12:05 PM
 is offline

Default late in 24+2 faced an overpush

Ive around 220k and villain about 100k
Blinds 4k/8k 1k ante

Late in daily double 24+2
I´ve been pretty active before, so i have a pretty loose image. Havent played villain before, but he seems to be pretty since he won a lot in mtts.
I have been faced overbets ai a lot recently and most of the time i end up calling a value-shove. I dont really think he has an ace here. He has done simial things before, but never shown down any hands

Full Tilt (7 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 4000.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets 80186 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot:
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: late in 24+2 faced an overpush

The daily double is not a 24+2.
How much did you raise preflop?

Looks like an easy fold, though you shouldn't post results. Hand ranges here are KQ, KJ, Ax, A9, AT, JQ. Without doing the math, I'd say you are behind here a hefty chunk of the time. Easy fold.

Barry
Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 PM

not sure why you don't show the preflop raise amount. either way it's a simple fold
Old 10-10-2007, 12:33 PM
 is offline

hm, sorry, it was the 24+2 double stack 17,5k gtd.

Must be a mistake of the converter.
I raised 21k pf.

But his play is simply weird. i would image he shoves most of the hands barry noted pf with his stack. This play looks pretty much like a stop and go. I mean, he knows i am raising light here and if hes got a monster he does well just calling pf. But he also knows that i c-bet this sort of flop about every time given my and his stacksize. So, why doesnt he crai AI?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:39 PM

I would have raised a tad bit more preflop. As played, seems like a standard fold in this position.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM

The only way you can call this is if you've seen this villain make this play before with less than TP.

I dont know what it is but this kind of play puts me on tilt. And i see it a lot these days all throughout smallstakes, be it MTT or cash. Because it tilts me I have made spite calls and have seen villains show up with all sorts of hands, TPs, JJ-KK, lower pairs bottom pair whiffs, gutshots.

But overall, i dont think you can call with less than TP.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way you can call this is if you've seen this villain make this play before with less than TP.

I dont know what it is but this kind of play puts me on tilt. And i see it a lot these days all throughout smallstakes, be it MTT or cash. Because it tilts me I have made spite calls and have seen villains show up with all sorts of hands, TPs, JJ-KK, lower pairs bottom pair whiffs, gutshots.

But overall, i dont think you can call with less than TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two new donk defenses. One is the min raise. The other is to play OOP on every hand and to just open fire on any flop. That doesn't mean you should call here.

First, I would raise LESS preflop, because you don't need to raise more to get a fold and you don't want to bait him to come over the top. Even if you bet, say 25K, if he comes over the top, it's going to suck so badly and you'll have to fold. So, I would bet like 18K or something. Keep the pot small so that he is less inclined to overbet as well.

On the flop, it's an easy fold, still, because many hands he pushes with are WA or has a smattering of outs.

Barry