Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Default TPTK dodgy board

Hi guys, I'm a lurker/noob decided to start posting hands.
Hopefully I won't mess this up:

Villain was really loose over a small number of hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($3.75)
Hero ($10)
MP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]Villain)/ ($11.30)
CO ($1.95)
Button ($19)
SB ($6.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]Villain)/ posts a blind of $0.15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, MP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]Villain)/ (poster) calls $0.30, CO calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Villain calls $1.50, CO folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($4.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($6.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $8.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $15.10
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: TPTK dodgy board

Call? I never fold at 10NL
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call? I never fold at 10NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol and amen to that. TPTK is the nuts at those levels.

EDIT: No but honestly, it depends on the villain.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:25 PM

As dirtylobster said it depends on the villian. You say villian is "loose" this is pretty vague as lots of people are very loose PF but then become very tight post-flop and vice-verser. If villian is your typical 10NL donk who will stack off w/ TPNK and only overbet big with scared hands or bluffs then its an easy call.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 PM

First, be sure to select 2+2 forums on the pulldown in the converter. That may be why the smiley's are showing up.

Now on to the hand...

Here you have to fear A2-5 and maybe even 56s. But you also have a good hand worthy of a showdown so you don't want to give up. But you also want pot control in case you are up against two pair or a straight. I probably would have led the turn and semi-bluffed having A2-5s or something. If I didn't get a fold I'm c/f the river unless its a small bet. By checking the turn you don't know if its a straight, two pair, or just A9 or something and you're letting the villain bluff you off (or catch a 2nd pair) if he doesn't already have you beat. As played I would have folded as well.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 PM

My thinking behind checking the turn was to try and get some idea how villain felt about his hand and for pot control, I intended to lead the river but the Q spooked me a bit so I figured I'd just check/call, I wasn't really expecting villain to go all in.

I just got stacked with KKK at another table, and the previous day I took a series of beats which tilted me more towards nit mode and folding this I think.

Thanks for the comments, next time I'll put the stakes in the post title too.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM

Definitely bet about half the pot on the turn, this way if you get raised you can put villain on a smaller range of hands than you can by checking and having him bet. If you get raised on the turn, it's read-dependent on whether to call or not as well as on the river, but you now know you are up against a stronger hand in that villain's range than when you just check and call. If villain just calls the turn, once again it depends on the player, but you can read him as being a bit more weak.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:02 PM

i would say at the turn there is no reason to think you are beat, ideal place to get some value from a loose player. if he raises tighten up.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:11 PM

you showed weakness on the turn and he pounced, nice play villain.