Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 05:18 PM

Default StudHi Split As

Mostly 5th street here i was not sure.

7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street

seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings in___calls
seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street

seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx
seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: StudHi Split As

1.) I don't understand why you can't get the converter to work.

2.) This hand is somewhat read dependent. Does this player normally limp big pairs when 1st to act?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Im reviewing a HH from earlier play so I don't know about a read. Im guessing then against an unknown.....

I just pasted into the converter, sometimes it doesn't work.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:40 PM

Do you have a read on seat 7? Ever play with him before?

My gut feeling is that he would have completed 3rd with split K's at this level since it can be so wild at times but you were still to act with an Ace in the door. That might have convinced him into just calling the BI. I suspect he started with a smaller pair in the hole & only has Kings up.

I would have raised him on 5th with Aces up. If he re-raised you, then it is very likely that he has trips K's. IMO, this is where a read & judgement comes into play.

If he is a tight player, I'd muck 5th. Especially if he's weak tight...weak for not popping it on 3rd & tight for reraising you once he makes a good hand.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:56 PM

I am leaning towards a call on fifth being correct here. If we assume that the villian started out with at least a pair, then half the time it a pair of K's and half the time a hidden pair in the hole. I think this is being generous since he didn't raise on third, which most players would do with KK. This means that half the time you have him beat with your two pair and will win 14 big bets (if my calcs are correct, and disregarding the other player who, you would imagine, would be folding on fifth. If he has trip K's you have three outs (since one nine is dead) out of 37 cards so you are about 1/12 to draw out on him. Of course if you draw the nine and he pairs up his boat is bigger.

It is hard to imagine what seat four could have to make his play correct. It is unlikely that he is rolled up since the one three is gone, but it is possible. The seven most likely didn't help him on fourth. The four on fourth could have paired him if he was on str8 cards, but if he was he has already misplayed his hand. If he has flush cards, he has misplayed his hand. If I had to fathom a guess, based on the limit you are playing, I would say he has 45 in the hole and made two pair on sixth. He also could have a pair in the hole, and if it was fives, he misplayed it, but spiked a two outer on sixth. If it was fours, same analysis. Other possible hands are QQ,JJ,TT, but you are not worried about them. If he played 563 and made his str8, he is terrible, but those things do happen in low limit stud. So basically, I view this player as contributing to the pot, but unlikely to win. His play is making it more correct for you to call, since he is sweetening the pot.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:12 PM

One thing is for sure, once he pairs his K, he's not backing down from you...he ain't skeered!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:33 PM

What was the result?
He could have aces buried thats how i would play with aces buried and you showing aces.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Did you consider calling on 3rd and a check on 4th, to setup the KO raise on 4th or 5th. This could take advantage of your WEak/tight table image and vary your play a bit, while not giving up much of your pot equity? Forcing the K/J to make a move gives vital information and could make it easier to fold seat 4 and/or 5. This is a good example of a way to "change gears", yet not give up to much.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM

I raise on 5th.

You have the best hand here a significant percentage of the time and you a) put heat on seat 4 to toss a draw hand that could beat you, and b) get more information from the K's.

If he reraises you can reassess and possibly fold.

The fact that he is betting both into your board and into seat 4's straight board lends his hand some strength, though; but many people can't resist betting two pair into A's.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:14 PM

"I am leaning towards a call on fifth being correct here. If we assume that the villian started out with at least a pair, then half the time it a pair of K's and half the time a hidden pair in the hole."

ummm WHY?