Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 10-11-2007, 02:15 AM

Default When restealing with trash...

... do you pause for a bit before reraising, or insta reraise? Should I concern myself with this?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: When restealing with trash...

You should do whatever you always do, if that means waiting 5 seconds because this is what you normally do, then do it. If you normally insta raise, bet, etc. than insta resteal.

You should only concern yourself with it if you hesitate when raising or re raising certain hands, but insta raise or re raise other ones as this is a tell. Just keep it consistent and the same and you will be fine. I like to count to 5 anytime I make a move, whether it's a bluff or I'm raising a monster.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... do you pause for a bit before reraising, or insta reraise? Should I concern myself with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually like to pause and pray (to whatever god;being; or entity that you worship.)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I often have my plays decided way way ahead of time if I am not concentrating on another table.

For example, I will say to myself, "If the CO raises and it folds to me, I am shoving." I mean, I have already seen my cards, so it is not like I have to take time to decide. So when that sequence happens, I just shove it. I don't know how long I take. As long as it takes to get it in there.

Sherman
Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 AM

I usually let me timer run all the way down, or disconnect my internet then pop right back in right before it folds my hand. Sometimes I can get them to fold KQ.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually let me timer run all the way down, or disconnect my internet then pop right back in right before it folds my hand. Sometimes I can get them to fold KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you are joking or not, but I just got a 3-month chat ban for cursing out a player who disconnected to make a decision in a blind war. I'm furstrated enough as it is, but taking up (on FTP, at least) what amounts to more than 10% of a blind level so you can basically cheat is wrong. Period.

I try to keep it consistent with the speed I'm operating on. in other words, if I have KK on the blind and I've been taking 5 seconds to make all my other raises, I may wait a little longer for a three bet, but not that much longer. Basically, I think that the WORST thing you can do is give an opponent a reason to fold other than what he has in his hand. If I have 88 and some douchebag uses his disconnect and then pushes with 2 seconds left, he would have gotten a fold out of me which I may have called if he just took a little time and made his move. OR, even better, if he minraises, I may chat something like "Nice play with AA, dick," but I can't do that anymore because I'm chat banned.

Barry
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM

i take a moment, not a long time, and shove. instashove often looks less thought out and IMO is more likely to get spite call.

on a hijack note: wtf are the disconnect rules for FTP? i hate it! people get like 90 seconds but then the time runs faster than normal? i dont get it. that is all. also, lol at getting chatbanned. ive never been by the pokerroom but have been by my fiance when i erupt like tourettes man and scare her.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Just follow the Deeb theory and play 40 tables at once and then there's no way they can get timing tells on you.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I often have my plays decided way way ahead of time if I am not concentrating on another table.

For example, I will say to myself, "If the CO raises and it folds to me, I am shoving." I mean, I have already seen my cards, so it is not like I have to take time to decide. So when that sequence happens, I just shove it. I don't know how long I take. As long as it takes to get it in there.

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2007, 03:45 AM

PF I don't think it matters to much. But I believe after the flop you should always take a little time before you make whatever decision your about to do. Even if you already know what it is your doing. Like someone suggested count to 5./