Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: ~What

[ QUOTE ]
med->hard transition really is ridic difficult. i can't make my pinky jump to orange. i wind up shifting my whole hand down (so i'm not on G). but then when there are the really fast parts i can't keep track of where my hand is and i'm hitting O instead of B, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

when i first started the transition, is switched to a base RYBO hand position for most songs, since my index finger can reach a lot easier than my pinky
Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
med->hard transition really is ridic difficult. i can't make my pinky jump to orange. i wind up shifting my whole hand down (so i'm not on G). but then when there are the really fast parts i can't keep track of where my hand is and i'm hitting O instead of B, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

when i first started the transition, is switched to a base RYBO hand position for most songs, since my index finger can reach a lot easier than my pinky

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. In fact, while I was working my way through medium I tried to do it with RYBO as much as possible because I knew the orange note was coming on hard. It's so ingrained in me that now when I go back and play medium songs, it feels wrong if I try to do GRYB, so I end up just RYBO-ing and reaching for every G.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm that's not a bad idea. I might have to try this later.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM

prior to making the transition in GH2 I 5*'d all medium songs before moving on and it wasn't too difficult when I got to hard.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm that's not a bad idea. I might have to try this later.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just get used to sliding back and forth and your mind just learns to remember where you were. Starting with your fingers homed on the last 4 keys does help though.

Eventually, for some of those HO/PO things like YOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYO, you'll even learn to slide up another notch or two to use your strongest fingers since the pinky has a tough time bouncing on the key fast enough.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Took another crack at medium last night and it went quite a bit better. Unfortunately after reading the last few posts, I think I need to just reset my starting position again as Im starting with my index finger on green. I have to say that I am enjoying the songs more on medium even though I still find them somewhat difficult, because I feel more like Im actually playing a song.

Probably what I'm struggling most with right now is the strings where you are just tapping between two notes continuously, both the HO/POs and the ones you have to strum.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:29 PM

i went through the 1st 2 sets on hard w/out *too* much trouble. passed probably 5 without failing and the other 4 took a couple tries. mostly 3*s, couple of 4*s, and 1 close 5* (avg multiplier = 2.78). i'm getting the hang of it, but i'm still not good at the really fast HOPOs and some other things.

i didn't go back through medium, but i passed everything on my 1st try and got at least 4* on everything, so i'm not going to bother 5*ing those just to say i did. i might as well just work on hard instead since its vastly different
Old 11-07-2007, 01:52 AM

Uhhh, the battle vs. Lou on expert is so stupid. I swear it's pure luck. I got through every song on expert on the first try except 1 (Raining Blood), and now I must have failed the battle with Lou 100 times, no exaggeration.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 AM

2007 live version of raining blood. Is it the part from 1:06 - 1:20 that gives everyone trouble in the game?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh, the battle vs. Lou on expert is so stupid. I swear it's pure luck. I got through every song on expert on the first try except 1 (Raining Blood), and now I must have failed the battle with Lou 100 times, no exaggeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea what made it even better was the fact that I after I completed the stupid damn thing I saw that The Devil Went Down To Georgia wasn't even playable in quickplay. Awesome! GT1T says it's gonna be available as DLC, which is awesome, but still wtf?