Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

A couple things...

Obviously, I find the idea of a rogue programmer trying to prove managment wrong far-fetched to say the least. However, I feel fine holding off judgement until AP releases a statement that will hopefully answer a bunch of questions.

Assuming AP continues with the rogue programmer story, how feasible would the following be...

The AP employee in question (or even an AP managment rep intimately familiar with the situation) takes a polygraph from a mutually agreed upon expert with a 2+2 and Pocket Fives representative present.

I have a feeling something like that is the only way many of us will be satisfied with much of AP's explanation. Again, hopefully AP's statement will say a lot.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:19 AM

There's no way anybody is going to agree to a polygraph test.

The reason is that this is obviously another cover-up, if indeed this is the story that gets released.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The AP employee in question (or even an AP managment rep intimately familiar with the situation) takes a polygraph from a mutually agreed upon expert with a 2+2 and Pocket Fives representative present.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being generally pretty unreliable, polygraph tests are completely worthless with habitual liars/sociopaths.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:23 AM

Lol polygraph test..

There's no way anyone would even be interested in the results.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would never happen.

I'm happy Absolute are taking the steps to rectify and hopefully reimburse mine and others money back but I won't be happy until I know the instigator and collaborators have been punished.

And by this I mean by legal means.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if this has been said, but has anyone involved on the scam contacted interpol and the Costa Rican Authorities? Cause if AP didn't know about the players cheating, then they legally should have known, which makes their denial over the past weeks a serious criminal offense. As a regular pokerplayer I would like to see the board members/decision makers of AP rot in Costa Rican jail for a long, long time, and I think most players and rooms will agree with me on this.

I think AP should be taken off line with immediate effect, and that a transfer to other rooms should be made available by combined efforts of the other leading pokersites.

I think for these crimes these punishments ARE possible within the limits of international law.

They made a contract for thousands of dollars, and they have willfully BROKEN it, while knowing it, or of course, while having but for brains and not knowing it, but still -should have know-ing it. So it's simple robbery, or involvement in robbery, by covering up. Everyone knows robbery is a crime, but I hear nobody about this possibility. There is even a special global police cop oration program for these kinds of large scaled global scams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone here familiar with Costa Rican or Interpol law?? Could it be posssible for AP execs to see jail time?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:28 AM

AP’s behavior is consistent with a company that has engaged in some fairly serious misconduct. At first, they vigorously denied that any wrongdoing occurred. Then, when the evidence showed otherwise, they attempted to minimize their guilt by tailoring their story to the disclosed facts. They remind me of Pete Rose.

“I never bet on sports.”

Evidence to the contrary.

“Okay, I bet on sports, but not baseball.”

“Well, I bet on baseball, but not my team.”

“All right, you got me: I bet on my team, but only to win.”

My guess is that the folks at AP bet on their team as well.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:39 AM

This rogue programmer thing makes no sense. Has anyone brought up the logs of trash talking to the media? If this was a case of a rogue programmer trying to prove to management that this was possible, he certainly wouldn't trash talk the players he was cheating.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal *DELETED*

Post deleted by adanthar
Old 10-20-2007, 09:48 AM

Please pay attention! There is no Santa Claus. There is no Easter Bunny. There is no AP psycho-rogue geek employee.
If it looks like a duck, and it swims like a duck, it is a duck. You are welcome in advance.
Closed Thread