[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
It was a hot female bot not a guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM

Great job, Carl. I look forward to seeing PoorLawyer's response to everything you wrote.

Sounds like the guy is big on theory but a bit lax on practice.

I'd love to see one example of legal remedy being brought against a poker site. Until that occurs, I will remain very skeptical that such an avenue is practical.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:50 PM

Sillysal -

I am flattered that lil' ol' me could bring you out of the woodwork again, after you said your posting days were through.

Sorry for assuming you were 40. I know you're at least a few years older than me, and I'm getting close to 36. Perhaps I could get the mods to change the words of my previous post from saying "40" to "pushing 40". Perhaps that would leave you feeling more satisfied with my description.

All age references aside, please answer the following important questions for us:

1) Have you at any time used ANY other account on Full Tilt other than pokergirl z? If so, which account(s)?

2) Have you ever met BeatMe1/redgar3? Do you mind if the mods here check on your IP and see how it matches up with that of BeatMe1's from her earlier posts here?

3) Did you know up until now that BeatMe1/redgar3 had the same first name as you?

4) Please tell us exactly what Full Tilt has accused you of, and what evidence they have presented.

Thank you.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM

Sorry if I am playing devils advocate here but your posts look like they are carefully crafted statements. You seemed to be prepared for the accusations leveled against you.

I am sorry but, I just don't understand why Full Tilt would say you are using a bot if you were not. What would they have to gain? All they have gotten from this is bad PR.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I am playing devils advocate here but your posts look like they are carefully crafted statements. You seemed to be prepared for the accusations leveled against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

... as she should.

[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry but, I just don't understand why Full Tilt would say you are using a bot if you were not. What would they have to gain?

[/ QUOTE ]

If FTP are wrong, they are probably not deliberately wrong.

Sites have made mistakes in the past, and will certainly make mistakes in the future.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 PM

Instead of tearing this guy down, how about being productive, and using your superior legal skills to outline the process under which you think an American could learn who to sue, file suit, overcome the choice of forum clause in the EULA, then, assuming prevailing on the merits, recover in Alderney?

Cheers, Carl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carl,

Scrape a retainer together and I would be glad to do the research. You have already done half the battle. Local counsel in Alderney could be found. They are under British control...we are not going into North Korea here. I would suggest contacting the Alderney Gambling Control Commission. The CEO, Andre Wilsenach, would be a good person to start with I would bet.

Perhaps one could even go to your local state representative of that commission who will most likely be a gaming attorney- every U.S. state seems to have a gaming attorney that is a member of the commission.

This link is gratis for any aggreived FT player out there:
http://www.gamblingcontrol.org/index.php?page=5

Scoop of Chocolate, Scoop of Vanilla, don't waste my time.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great job, Carl. I look forward to seeing PoorLawyer's response to everything you wrote.

Sounds like the guy is big on theory but a bit lax on practice.

I'd love to see one example of legal remedy being brought against a poker site. Until that occurs, I will remain very skeptical that such an avenue is practical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Carl is still in law school and has never practiced. Not everything is the mountain they make it out to be in those big maroon books. If there is a whole commission for such things and there are attorneys in firms all over the country who are members of this little commission in the channel islands but there has never been any cases filed, well then I stand corrected.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am sorry but, I just don't understand why Full Tilt would say you are using a bot if you were not. What would they have to gain? All they have gotten from this is bad PR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of quite a few reasons.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 AM

Again with ad hominen arguments - my status is irrelevant to the discussion. I never indicated whether I had any legal training or experience. But, counsel, your attempt to change the argument is pretty transparent.

One claim in your post I took issue was for criticizing someone who said there were no successful cases of individuals suing in U.S. courts to recover for seized funds. I asked you to back up your criticism, and provide proof he was wrong. You sidestepped that question, and have not provided one example of successful litigation. I'd say the brain trust on 2p2 is pretty vast - if there were any cases in support of your position, someone here would likely know about it.

I also took issue with your claim that U.S. courts could successfully exercise long-arm jurisdiction against a foreign corporation, particularly when the EULA has a choice of forum provision in it. Again, instead of addressing that issue (i.e. backing up your assertion that U.S. courts provided a meaningful remedy), you redefined the issue by suggesting other ways people could go after FTP, such as complaining to a foreign gaming commission.

While foreign commissions may provide a remedy, that begs the question of whether U.S. courts can do so. An intriguing idea, worthy of discussion, but not responsive to specific questions I posed.

I'm on your side - I'd love to have domestic judicial remedies against foreign poker sites, hence I think that regulation may be the only practical solution. But if you claim courts can already do it, I think that you should be prepared to substantiate your arguments w/o requesting a retainer.

Cheers, Carl.