Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
It reeks of corporate CYA-language, and was exactly the type of answer that posters in the long thread were absolutely 100% sure we would get.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 05-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Well, that clears up everything.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sean - listen, I appreciate that FTP maintains a presence on this board instead of making an appearance to engage in glorified spamming without returning (a la Mike O'Useless), but you gave us precisely zero information with this post.

It reeks of corporate CYA-language, and was exactly the type of answer that posters in the long thread were dreading we would get.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP's response - "We take bots very seriously, and for obvious reasons cannot go into the details of our policies, procedures and detection methods."
hahahah
Old 05-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Sean.

You guys should have already had your response prepared before completing the investigation.

I mean... didn't you guys think that this thread would happen?

Come on, you guys are making enough money to hire some smart people.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We take bots very seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah after your players tell you about them. I think everyone agrees you aren't doing nearly enough to stop bots.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Like others have said this post is incredibly anti-climatic and offers nothing in terms of resoultion or appeasement. While have a 2p2 FTP representative is nice, I think posts like these hurt more than anything. I don't have my tin foil hat on yet, but reading about stuff like this is terribly disheartening.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
• During the investigation we found the evidence to be inconclusive in supporting either determination (human or bot).

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the results were inconclusive. Short of having a video of them cheating or using spyware to find a bot program on their computer (and from what I understand even this can be easily circumvented), there's no way you can have 100% conclusive proof that they were botting.

However, by examining the stats and the responses by the suspects themselves in this thread, it should be fairly obvious that these guys are a huge favorite to be playing in an unethical manner.

-The deviations between the stats show less variation than what a single player would show between various samples.

-At least one of the guys has lied more than once in the thread.

-They always play at the same time. Nobody ever takes a pee break, nobody plays from their home computer, etc. etc.

-They claim to constantly discuss hands, yet their game never changed nor improved during the course of the data set.

This isn't an American court. A reasonable doubt alone isn't enough to justify allowing these guys to continue to play on Full Tilt. As long as these guys are better than 50% to be cheating, Full Tilt has every reason to show them the door. Personally I make it at better than 90% they're cheating.

EDIT: If you want to keep your customers satisfied, you'll either bounce these guys or claim here that they were a dog to be botting.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the evidence was found to be inconclusive, why were the account not closed? If there is even a small chance the accounts could be bots at all the accounts should all be closed and the funds seized.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am going to quote this in case some day, some way, your account gets closed for the wrong reason.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 PM

no, not responding made things worse, It's not as if he could have posted anything differently. This answer is satisfactory to me as an official statement coming from FTP. If they actually are continuing to refine measures as they say they are, there is nothing more that can be done.

Oh, and answer the question in green please.

Crovax
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">We even had stat geeks post their detailed calculations</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Teddy,

Maybe we should supply Sean with a list of reputable math/stat geeks on this board that can work with FullTilt on issues like this one. If FT doesn't have people as qualified (I'm not saying they do or don't, but IMO they don't) then they might benefit greatly from this scenario.