Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is the only way they 100% nail bots is no chat history / response to chat

[/ QUOTE ]

My keyboard is nowhere near me when I'm playing.

I've gone days without chatting as I really couldnt care less about speaking with the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Days/weeks without chatting" is not the same as "no chat history". Noone playing like 8 tables are chatting a lot, but it would be really hard never to to tell some guy berating the fish to "shut the **** up" just once in a while.

Not that chat history is conclusive evidence anyway..
Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM

"If the evidence was found to be inconclusive, why were the account not closed? If there is even a small chance the accounts could be bots at all the accounts should all be closed and the funds seized. And wtf if the evidence was inconclusive then how did you determine that the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds? This is completely rediculous that nothing has been done."

What? You can not be serious. I'm in the camp of not allowing datamining, huds and other stuff. But this statement is completely crazy. Wait until somebody complains about you and they lock 20K or so in your account for no reason. That would be fun wouldn't be. (and I never had anything locked up, damn I won't even do a player transfer on FullTilt because of their policies)
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 AM

The recently closed Planet Poker?

Nope, the site I talk about is still running and doing well.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 AM

im very confused...doesnt FTP screenrake? (whenever i open up the FTP client, my Snoopfree says that FTP is tryyin to read my screen). if this is the case...then shudnt they kno whats goin on the screens, and hence if a bot is runnin?

why put security features in ur software if ur not goin to use them?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im very confused...doesnt FTP screenrake? (whenever i open up the FTP client, my Snoopfree says that FTP is tryyin to read my screen). if this is the case...then shudnt they kno whats goin on the screens, and hence if a bot is runnin?

why put security features in ur software if ur not goin to use them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called "Countermeasures" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution is intrusive scanning of regular players (say above a certain play threshold - maybe 500 hands/week), and the locking out of anyone who doesn't give full access to the poker site's program. That would wipe out 99% of bots, as you'd have to program a custom virtual machine to run your programs - not an easy thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably do it in commercial software like VMWare without a whole lot of extra effort.

The real solution, if anybody actually wants one, is secured set-top boxes. I'd rather have bots than that, personally.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
• During the investigation we found the evidence to be inconclusive in supporting either determination (human or bot).

[/ QUOTE ]

So your investigating team could not reach a conclusion that multiple accounts playing 100K hands/month with the same stats from the same IP address were humans or bots yet they never asked the players for any more information to help them reach this conclusion (according to nlnut -except for maybe IDs and utility bills)? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Why does is it seem that the fish are "reserved" for the on-line poker junkies but shouldn't be made available to "bots". In another words many poker on-line players are using poker odds calculator's, shark scope and other computer poker software to gain an unfair advantage over fishes that they wouldn't be able to use in live play.

You play on-line you should have to play against anyone, including bots.
Everyone has to have the same advantage or none of you do.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does is it seem that the fish are "reserved" for the on-line poker junkies but shouldn't be made available to "bots". In another words many poker on-line players are using poker odds calculator's, shark scope and other computer poker software to gain an unfair advantage over fishes that they wouldn't be able to use in live play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Mr. Robot. You obviously have ulterior motives and are in the extreme minority. Bots can pick off fish at an inhumane rate. If you dont see the problem with taking money off the table like this then god help you.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet another idiot joins the zoo....