Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Colorado Poker

According to CBI, you cannot legally play for $$ in an establishment with a liquor license -- even if it is a social club.

That said, currently they are not going after "social clubs" like they have at the toad. Their focus is on games where there is drugs or when people complain about being cheated. Like the greek game downtown (or so I have been told).

If some drunk fish drops a grand at the toad and then calls up CBI to complain, do you really believe that game won't be shut down? The myth about them being grandfathered in is just that. If you don't want to take my word, call CBI.

So, while they are not raiding the toad or the lions club game, both are technically illegal. While there is some dispute about whether illegal gambling qualifies as moral turpitude in Colorado, I would just as soon not spend my hard earned dough to be the landmark case. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Colorado Poker

The social game exemption covers the toad, just like they can sell booze on Sundays. They are just like a country club in that respect.

I think that the greek game downtown is illegal, as it is raked. There are several other games downtown that are social clubs and are not raked.