Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Let\'s take this street by street...

hero bets. I don't know the handrange of them,but I think BB and UTG are on a draw, (they called 2 cold on the flop),
but if they catch also a pair the pot may be to big for them to fold, so they'll pay you out. Button may be on AJ, AK or a poket pair.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:26 AM

I gave this some more thought last night & now believe that we need to bet--while Button's calling range when we bet is small, her betting range is probably smaller in this multi-way pot. Certainly she's calling with more second-best hands than she bets with, anyway.

I'm sticking with my hand ranges from above, tho.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 PM

I think JJH's ranges are pretty much spot on.

I'd bet since I think we're ahead, but I'd also bet on the minuscule chance UTG or BB makes a "big fold" and lays down the two pair winner. I've seen stranger laydowns.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Grunch as I haven't read any responses to the river action.

The turn card wasn't great, but given the action it might be ok. The river card is pretty awesome. Doesn't seem like anyone had flopped a flush or straight. I'm mostly worried about passively played two pair hands, J9, 98 etc...

Hand ranges:

BB given description, any pair, any heart, any T or Q, also two pair hands that got scared with all the action. I think we're ahead of his range usually.

UTG I didn't see a read on him, but if he's typical loose-passive, then close to the same range as BB.

Button, I think we can narrow her range a bit. Sets seem unlikely, but possible. Straight or flush also unlikely same with two pair. I would expect to see here QQ, or AK usually with a heart. Other hands are certainly possible but these seems most likely.

I think given the action after the turn we're probably ahead here a reasonable amount of the time and given the pot size, I would expect to be called by weaker pairs(given you said this is playing like 2/4) pretty often. I bet for value.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's review:

2 folds to me and I raise the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The button, who is the fiance' of a OK pro, can be over aggressive, never seen two broadway cards she didnt like, 3-bets. She thinks I play too loose and aggro preflop, but gives me respect postflop.

The BB who never folded a BB nor too many flops in his life, calls,

UTG calls, I cap, all call.

FLOP (16.5SBs): J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB and UTG check, I bet, button raises, BB and UTG call 2 cold.

That was easy boys, nice work, I called.

Turn: (12.2BBs) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
BB checks, UTG checks and I bet.

There is too much of a chance that this will be checked through, I'm very likely ahead of 2 if not 3 of the hands and very likely to get 3 callers. The combination of these two statements move us into +EV land.

They all called.

River: (16.2BBs) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks.

Your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's true that boards like this can scare better hands into playing more passively. the other side of this is that worse hands that want to showdown play passively as well. 2 opponents have already relinquished the information that they don't have a hand they want to bet. most of these hands are going to be busted draws, a pair of Jacks/Kings or a hand that had a pair with a busted draw. button most likely has a piece to pay off with, but not neccessarily a piece to bet with. her range could possibly be as wide as ATs+, AJo+, JTs+, QJ+, 88+. of course i would exclude the set hands unless she gets really crazy on the river, which would be quite odd. so i think we have a value bet here with only one left to act, especially if we plan on calling a bet if we check.

there's something everyone needs to keep in mind when it comes to playing multiway in a pot this size, even on such a scary board. spraying an extra bet in the right spot here or there is going to allow you to take it down more often. when there are alot of bets being fought for, taking it down an extra time or two will outweigh the couple additional bets we spend here and there to get it. this is often especially true in a very marginal or otherwise scary/uncomfortable situation.

auto-resorting to check/calling down trying to showdown cheaply isn't always the best strategy in such big, multiway pots.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM

I'd have only bet the turn if my feelers were that the button hated it. I think that checkraising the turn is a way better play, plus you can safely fold to two cold as well.

River is super duper easy bet.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:17 AM

I don't see how you can't bet the river but I'd C/F the turn.

You're in a 4 way - capped PF hand and it was raised on the flop. You really think that not one of their 6 cards is a heart?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the flop. since utg called she is likely drawing meaning button doesnt have you ruined (yet). she is horrible and laggy and he is not an okay pro he is horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, Mike L misread my OP and didn't realize that the BB and UTG called 2 cold. He is calling here too.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the flop. since utg called she is likely drawing meaning button doesnt have you ruined (yet). she is horrible and laggy and he is not an okay pro he is horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, Mike L misread my OP and didn't realize that the BB and UTG called 2 cold. He is calling here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes more sense.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Yeah it's pretty obvious someone has a heart, but unlikely anyone has two.

There are only 3 hearts on the board...