Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Question RE: High stakes cash games at Rio during WSOP

What are the highest NL and limit HE cash games at the Rio during the WSOP? And you can you railbird these games, or are they blocked off this year.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Question RE: High stakes cash games at Rio during WSOP

biggest limit game i've seen is 400-800... biggest NL game i've seen is 50-100... there's also been 25-50 PLO with very deep stacks... They have a sort of box in the middle of the cash game area where it is very easy to railbird...
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
biggest limit game i've seen is 400-800... biggest NL game i've seen is 50-100... there's also been 25-50 PLO with very deep stacks... They have a sort of box in the middle of the cash game area where it is very easy to railbird...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. As an aside, I did get Greg Raymer to come sit in my/our 2/5NL game for about 2 hours while he waited for his 100/200 Badugi/mixed game, that was right next to the high-limit area. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 11:38 AM

I played next to 1991 ME champion, Brad Daugherty at a $2/$5 table for a few hours on Friday night.

Nobody at the table knew who he was.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. As an aside, I did get Greg Raymer to come sit in my/our 2/5NL game for about 2 hours while he waited for his 100/200 Badugi/mixed game, that was right next to the high-limit area. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you WANT Raymer sitting into your 2/5NL game?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Raymer as a cash game player btw? I've always thought of him as soley a tournament player.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:59 AM

The WSOP must be like Disney world but instead of big cartoon characters walking around and not talking it's old overweight professional poker players....
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The WSOP must be like Disney world but instead of big cartoon characters walking around and not talking it's old overweight professional poker players....

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD. And very accurate.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, why not? I mean, and this may come as a shock to some of you, but poker is all work, all the time. I thought it'd be fun and it was. Just sucked that I was entirely card dead the whole time. I was able to take a pot from him when my T9c u/i on a 246h flop, but that was it.

As for how he is as a cash game player, he seemed reasonable, but only one big hand vs a nice, drunk fella to my left who mucked QJo on a Qxxxx board and was pushed by GR...who showed his KK. He didn't really get involved in too many hands, so from that limited experience, it's really hard to say. Although he was a friendly guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM

Raymer played the 150-300 mixed games at Foxwoods pretty regularly before winning the WSOP (and one must assume he was a reasonably winning player at those stakes to play them), and plays up to 400-800 now with success. So, while he's certainly primarily a tourney guy, he certainly can play cash games and post good results.