FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: America\'s [bleep]\'d

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ready for your conversion to Islam by force? Nobody has any balls over there either, and I predict at least two of those countries will be Islamist states in the next 2 decades. (the frogs are almost definite for conversion, though the latest election may have bought them some more time) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you against the religion of Islam or something? What the hell are you trying to say?

[/ QUOTE ]Who could be against an Islamic nation under sharia? Look how great the Taliban made Afghanistan!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ready for your conversion to Islam by force? Nobody has any balls over there either, and I predict at least two of those countries will be Islamist states in the next 2 decades. (the frogs are almost definite for conversion, though the latest election may have bought them some more time) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you against the religion of Islam or something? What the hell are you trying to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Islam in particular, but I sure don't want to be forced by the state to practice any religion. (thats what islamist states do in case this point is confusing you)

The goal of all religions is to gain more followers, Islam just has certain sects that want to do this at the point of a sword. Count me out...I will not bow to allah.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So which two nations will convert to Islam within 20 years?

Where did you get this idea from anyway?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

France is the most likely candidate.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to guess I would go France and Germany.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Germany has a crapload of Turkish nationals right? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Germany has a crapload of Turkish nationals right? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that's Germany alright, but the Doener kicks ass.

Cody
Old 05-31-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record I was completely ignorant of the Islam/europe situation. Also for the record, I am against the religion of Islam because I am against all religion.

Looks like I'm moving to Australia.

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem America faces right now -- by far -- is the right-wing's systematic suppression of public discourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree completely. Suppression of public discourse definitely exists but it has negligible effect. The Bush Administration quickly realized that damage control with regard to discourse and action is practically impossible with the advent of the internet. Instead, they have implemented a genius plan that is brutally effective: repeat unmitigated lies ad absurdum, and when the public speaks claim 'the public doesn't know what it really wants'. This is not a suppression of discourse but an egotistical state of psychosis. Neutral polls have shown a majority of American citizens want withdrawal or withdrawal timetables for Iraq. When asked anything regarding withdrawal, the administration's answer has always been that the public doesn't want withdrawal. This is a flat out lie. Period.

Again, the public is speaking to the best of their ability. The media is covering their speech. Everyone is listening. But the fact is action rests on the shoulders of politicians, and they would rather straddle the issue or remain in a delusional state than take action.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Civil War

2. Deprssion eras (several but the one in the 30's was probably the worst).

3. WWII

4. Racial strife in the 60's.

5. Vietnam Era

6. Oil embargos, Watergate, hyper inflation of the 70's.

7. Cold war, with the over hanging threat of nuclear war that was very real. Came the closest probably during the Cuban missle crises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good list. I still maintain current events are worse than all of these, arguably combined. My reason is likely not something you would expect: technology.

Right now we are approaching the technological inflection point. The best indicator of this is the semiconductor industry, which has been surpassing goals for the last 40 years, and in the last few months the industry has adjusted its goals for 2008, 2009, and 2010 DOWN for the first time since the inception of the industry. Reiterating, we are at the inflection point. This period, right now, is without a doubt in my mind the single most critical moment in the development of mankind, period. If we let 'dX' represent the amount of change (positive or negative) brought about by human actions in some arbitrary amount of time, this value is exponentially greater now than the value of dX ten years ago, 50 years ago, 100 years ago, etc.

Every month we stagnate now is worth 20 months of stagnation 50 years ago. Every month we sink money into war is worth 80 times as much money 100 years ago, even after adjustment for inflation.

America's leader, right now, is the worst in written history. Every moment, right now, is the most valuable moment in history. This is a catastrophic combination. We have to consider the damage being done to America in terms of opportunity cost, not subjective comparison. The latter is apples to oranges.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record I was completely ignorant of the Islam/europe situation. Also for the record, I am against the religion of Islam because I am against all religion.

Looks like I'm moving to Australia.

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem America faces right now -- by far -- is the right-wing's systematic suppression of public discourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree completely. Suppression of public discourse definitely exists but it has negligible effect. The Bush Administration quickly realized that damage control with regard to discourse and action is practically impossible with the advent of the internet. Instead, they have implemented a genius plan that is brutally effective: repeat unmitigated lies ad absurdum, and when the public speaks claim 'the public doesn't know what it really wants'. This is not a suppression of discourse but an egotistical state of psychosis. Neutral polls have shown a majority of American citizens want withdrawal or withdrawal timetables for Iraq. When asked anything regarding withdrawal, the administration's answer has always been that the public doesn't want withdrawal. This is a flat out lie. Period.

Again, the public is speaking to the best of their ability. The media is covering their speech. Everyone is listening. But the fact is action rests on the shoulders of politicians, and they would rather straddle the issue or remain in a delusional state than take action.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Civil War

2. Deprssion eras (several but the one in the 30's was probably the worst).

3. WWII

4. Racial strife in the 60's.

5. Vietnam Era

6. Oil embargos, Watergate, hyper inflation of the 70's.

7. Cold war, with the over hanging threat of nuclear war that was very real. Came the closest probably during the Cuban missle crises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good list. I still maintain current events are worse than all of these, arguably combined. My reason is likely not something you would expect: technology.

Right now we are approaching the technological inflection point. The best indicator of this is the semiconductor industry, which has been surpassing goals for the last 40 years, and in the last few months the industry has adjusted its goals for 2008, 2009, and 2010 DOWN for the first time since the inception of the industry. Reiterating, we are at the inflection point. This period, right now, is without a doubt in my mind the single most critical moment in the development of mankind, period. If we let 'dX' represent the amount of change (positive or negative) brought about by human actions in some arbitrary amount of time, this value is exponentially greater now than the value of dX ten years ago, 50 years ago, 100 years ago, etc.

Every month we stagnate now is worth 20 months of stagnation 50 years ago. Every month we sink money into war is worth 80 times as much money 100 years ago, even after adjustment for inflation.

America's leader, right now, is the worst in written history. Every moment, right now, is the most valuable moment in history. This is a catastrophic combination. We have to consider the damage being done to America in terms of opportunity cost, not subjective comparison. The latter is apples to oranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

The administration is ignoring the stark fact that most Americans want:

A) a withdrawal from Iraq, and

B) less immigration rather than more, and for existing immigration laws to be enforced.

The Bush adminstration plainly and simply doesn't give a damn what the majority of Americans want. The administration is on an unswerving ideological mission to remake both the Middle East and the USA in line with its Neo-Conservative ideogical underpinnings. It's an unsupported and overly optimistic dream, and likely a real-world prescription for disaster in both areas.