Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: NBA draft disccusion thread

Williams should be pretty hot on the FA market.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will be very happy with whichever of the trio of SFs of Green, Wright, and Brewer the Bucks end up with.

I like Green for the Bucks the most though due to the fact that he could likely play PF on the NBA level too and with a likely combination of Redd, Bell, and Williams/Free Agent PG at Guard, a frontcourt rotation of Simmons, Villanueva, Bogut, and Green should be able to fill the 3-5 positions with any combination of those 3 players playing. Obviously there will be other bench players that contribute some more minor minutes but that is a solid core 7 to base the team around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling the Bucks are going PG with the pick. I just got done reading how Conley really impressed the coaches in his visit. They also had Wright in, and seems like he did alright as well.

For Forwards they already have Simmons, Patterson, Ilyasova, Villanueva and if Noel gets any better. That's already almost half your playing roster. Not to mention every Bucks PG is a FA this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patterson and Ilyasova are both free agents. One can only hope the Bucks arent stupid enough to resign Patterson and Ilyasova is nothing more than a 10-15 mpg bench player. Noel is a complete scrub in the NBA. So basically the Bucks have two viable options at forward, one of which is very injury prone.

PG is a waste if the Bucks truly get 2 of Bell/Williams/Free Agent PG as they are expected to.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 AM

NBAdraft.net has corey brewer down to 10 in today's mock draft.

They also have the Bucks taking Al Thornton, who I think kind of replicates Simmons's skillset.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: NBA draft discussion thread

I went to the first round of games in NO this year and got to see Florida play twice.

Couple things that stood out.

- Corey Brewer is just sick. At first I thought he looked like a d-bag, but his play won me over. I wanted to root against him but I couldn't. He ripped the heart out of a lot of teams. One thing I keep wondering about though is why nobody questions his bulk, when everyone questions Durant's. If anyone looks like they could be snapped in two by an NBA player, it's Brewer. I actually think he'll be a great NBA player, maybe even an all-star someday; just seems odd that nobody has brought this up.

- Noah is a great team player. Maybe he's annoying, funny looking, whatever. As GKA mentioned, he does the little things and doesn't seem to care a bit about his own stats. Also he shoots free throws like a 7-year-old, but he can work on that. I think I'd be happy to get him as a Celtics fan... definitely happier than rolling the dice on an unknown like Yi.

FWIW I was rooting against Florida in both games I watched, and I am biased against all Florida schools in general.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM

I'm a huge Celtics fan and my name is Noah, which would seem to make Joakim the obvious choice.

But he's ugly.

I'm 100% straight (I think) but for some reason I just can't stand looking at the guy.

I'm all for trading the pick, but I don't know for what.

I just want to keep Green and Jefferson, but if they make a trade, I fear that one of these guys is gone.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Once we resigned Doc, I became a lot more comfortable with getting rid of Green. He is just utterly lost on the basketball court. He makes simple mistakes that most 14 year olds don't. The one I see most often is standing out on the 3pt line in a place that's impossible for him to get the ball, where he could just slide over a few feet but doesn't. And while he may still learn, he's not 18 anymore. And Doc won't get it done.

He's not going to be a star, there's no reason to cling on to him. There's also a coach by the name of Don Nelson who loves raw, athletic, offensive talent, especially when they shoot as well as Green. Golden State is reportedly very high on Yi, too.

GS gets:
Wally
Gerald Green

Boston gets:
Jason Richardson
Andris Biedrins

You could also swap Wally for Theo, but Wally is a decent fit in GS. His athleticism is in question, but he's all offense and a good shooter.

Boston gets good immediately, assuming J-Rich is healthy. Rondo/JRich/PP/Big Al/Perk or Andris is a solid starting 5 in the east. A two headed monster of Perk and Biedrins wouldn't be incredible, but it'd be pretty good and versatile, though very foul prone. The addition of JRich opens things up offensively and allows Rondo to hide his shooting woes and focus on what he does best: creating.

Biedrins playing under Doc could get ugly, though.

Obviously this is a pipe dream. GS likes Biedrins a lot and they need a man in the middle. But I've read reports that GS is open to moving JRich and GS/Nellie is very high on Yi. Yi's the type of player that Nellie loves out on the court. In addition the Bay Area is an ideal place for an Asian player.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Great trade kidcolin, only thing is I feel like GS gets a little ripped off. Still good trade for both sides and this would help out Boston a lot.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GS gets:
Wally
Gerald Green

Boston gets:
Jason Richardson
Andris Biedrins

[/ QUOTE ]

Biedrins >>> #5 pick
J-Rich >>> Gerald + Wally or Theo

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get Biedrins, though I doubt he's for sale.

God dont make me think about how ridiculous a Biedrins Big Al frontcourt would be.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:23 PM

GS is over the cap. That's why someone like Theo would be attractive. Yet I concede that this is a pipe dream. Right now, though, GS is definitely one of the bidders for the five pick. Maybe get another team involved to get a center to GS.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GS gets:
Wally
Gerald Green

Boston gets:
Jason Richardson
Andris Biedrins

[/ QUOTE ]

Please GS, don't take Wally. GS isn't all offense, they're also a sort of a frenzied defense that is constantly stripping and disrupting people. And, there are enough 3 point shooters as it is floating around the court. I'm completely unimpressed by Green, and Biedrins is rapidly improving while providing the only solid low post defense on the team at times. As a GS fan, I wouldn't even consider this trade.