Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Bluffing a Callingstation at NL50

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $42.56
BB: $54.70
UTG: $55.65
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $47.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.25, BB folds, UTG calls $1.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($13) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($13) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB calls $5.50

SB is a callingstation, and my bet on the river is intended as a bluff, but is this a total waste of money here his play confuses me he raises me on the flop and then he checks when an other ace comes which leads me to belive that he dosent have an ace. And me betting half pot bet should represent a ace even for a callingstation so he should only call here if he has a Ax or a set or what???

So what do you peopele think is my read of, and/or should i just give up and call his minibet.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Bluffing a Callingstation at NL50

lmao... this is why i love PP... usa players eat ur hearts out.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:32 PM

keep trying to bluff those stations... they have to get $ somehow. He played that like how a typical moron would play an A. He slowplays the turn since he has trips now and has no clue what to bet on the river so he bets 50c. He could also have a T, but he's not folding it. Waste of $
Old 06-10-2007, 02:34 PM

With your read I think he could not fold worse, especially when you raise to $6 giving him good odds. I would probably just call the river because you hardly ever have to be good here. I would also make a note on what he was minraising with for future reference.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM

Answer: duh duh duh why would you bluff a calling station?

And it's not like you showed great strength. He raised the flop, giving him control of the hand. You checked behind on the turn, conceding control. So what do you expect?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM

I don't understand the flop action. You lead small. If you did that to get a raise so you could 3-bet big then it worked...

I think bluffing the river after you check the turn is risky. Especially vs a caling station. The turn A makes it less likely in his eyes, that you have an Ace - only 2 left unaccounted for vs 3 prior to the turn - or 1 vs 2 if he has an Ace.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Lol. I see it so often. Donkey minbets river in a big pot and guy with missed draw canīt stand folding so he raises and donkey insta-calls. It is called inducing a bluff, and donkey has probably done it before. You got flat out owned. In this spot I can see calling the river. You get to see his cards and you have the nut one pair hand. I think you are good here every once in a while.

Edit: the rest of the hand is played pretty badly as well, raise more pf, bet more on the flop, 3bet ai, profit.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:46 PM

So now I know that the bluff was a total waste of money, but know how should the hand been played. My thought about this is:

A calling station is reraising me on the flop, this means that he believes that he have a strong hand so now I want see the turn and river as cheap as possible and if a jack or a heart that don't pair the board comes just push all-in, because then the only likely holdings that beats me are Ax h or a full house (flopped set) and if I miss fold. Because this all-in should be called by a calling station most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the flop action. You lead small. If you did that to get a raise so you could 3-bet big then it worked...

[/ QUOTE ]

But I did get the recommendation to 3-bet the flop I don't understand how this would increase the EV of this hand.

Any comments on this.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM

so, you're hoping that when you push on a heart river, he calls. but when it blanks... he folds.

eh !?

flop 3bet all in is the only way I can think of this being +ev, being all in lets us see turn and river with him pot committed, and since our draw comes in about 44% of the time by then, we need him to fold this flop sometimes. which he probably would.
would have bet more Preflop also, taking stack sizes into account, there'd be more money to push over the top of on the flop, but not so much that he's in any way committed. I can see him calling with an ace, but not usually a ten.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:18 PM

lol didnt read the thread, but the title suggests you made a bad play, DUCY?