Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 AM

Default NL50 - AA on a paired flop

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $50.00
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $49.50</font>
UTG: $50.00
MP: $19.80
CO: $16.20
BTN: $34.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.75</font>, SB calls $5.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($13.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $43.25</font>, Hero calls all-in for $42.75
Uncalled bet of $0.50 returned to SB

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($99) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($99) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $99.00 ($3 Rake)

Results in white below:
<font color="white">
SB had Ks Ac (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and LOST (-$49.50)
Hero had A A (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and WON (+$46.50) </font>

New to the table so no reads.
Not so sure about my call here. My thoughts were, it is more likely he is holding a hand like AK/KQs then flopping trips and he thinks he has me beat. Standard call?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: NL50 - AA on a paired flop

I wouldnŽt ever call this without a very specific read. Of yourse you can argue that nobody in his right mind would open push trips here but the pot is small and you are getting very band odds! only about 1.31 to 1 this means youŽll have to be right here virtually every time. So IŽd just go ahead and fold here.
I tried to come up with some EV calculations here but I donŽt have a clue how often weŽll see a j here so my calculation wonŽt mean anything at all...

and next time pleaso donŽt post the results b/c it may make some posters judge the hand differently. After I read the results I thought it might be quite close too but before I was sure it wasnŽt even near to being profitable...
Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 AM

Don't show results. Why such the large reraise PF? I would raise about half that.

I imagine trips wouldn't want to drive you out on the flop, then again it's a retarded move whether he has trips or a king or a draw. I would've called the flop also without a read.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 AM

ok i'm trying not to be results oriented here, but considering you dont really have a read on this player, the open shove is pretty scary especially since he is so deep. i honestly probably would have folded this, even thought i have a hard time folding AA. but there are quite a few hands that he could have that have you beat considering the preflop action. you could prolly take KK out of his range because he didn't 4-bet pf. but then again there is always that open shove...
Old 06-10-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
only about 1.31 to 1 this means youŽll have to be right here virtually every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring the chance he has a draw, we don't have to be right 50% of the time since there's money in the pot before he shoves.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:12 AM

This is a really easy call for me. Very few people would play a J like this.

With no read your pf raise is way too large.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:18 AM

My instinct says to fold here.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:21 AM

if they have a J they slow play it to death, but some play it like this. hard decision. I lean towards calling here.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:37 AM

A similar situation happened to me recently. MP raised and the sb limped, as did I from BB with 33. SB then open-pushed the flop on a K38 board with two clubs. I hit bottom set so the call was easy but it did catch me off guard. My experience has shown me that good hand (one or two pair) open-shoves are more common than sets, straights, etc. Seems like Villain doesn't know how to play an okay hand so just decides to push.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 AM

lol @ those saying fold... I call everytime unless i have a read that this guy will do this with a J. Guy's prob a sng donk... "AK is the NUTZ son!"