Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here bike?

awesome responses in here.

i really appreciate it.

will update soon.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here bike?

[ QUOTE ]

... and you will fall over at least once when you go clipless, fortunately you will not be moving at the time so shops. it shouldn't hurt too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when you do fall don't fight it. You'll be better off just falling on your side. You don't want to sprain a wrist or ankle or worse trying to save your self.

Getting a good fit on your helmet is also important as well as getting a comfortable helmet.

Do not get your bike at a department store, even if it's the same model you see at the bike shop. You need to be properly fitted. Additionally, bikes are usually shipped unassembled so its the guy at the store that builds it. You want a pro to do it.

Buy your accessories when you buy the bike you'll get a better deal that way. Accessories you should get with your bike are: clipless pedals, shoes, shorts, water cages and bottles, hand pump, helmet, tool kit, spare tubes, patch kit, padded gloves (the more padding the better, get the ones with the crocheted back).

Have the mechanic install the pedals and cleats for you and try them out. Then he can make adjustments for you. Let him know if you have any knee or other physical problems.

Ride the bike a lot before you buy it. A good shop will let you do this. Most shops also let you come back a few weeks later to have your cables tightened for free.