Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Default 100NL AK two buyins deep reraised pot

Opponent is 29/16 who 3-bets occasionally, but not crazy amounts like a 2p2 reg.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated. I really didn't like anything besides calling on all streets, but it felt awkward.

He insta-shoved river FWIW.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($93.85)
Hero ($233.15)
SB ($102.85)
BB ($198.15)
UTG ($148.35)
MP ($45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $13</font>, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($26.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15.

Turn: ($56.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $50</font>, Hero calls $50.

River: ($156.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $120.15 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $120.15.

Final Pot: $396.80
Old 08-25-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 100NL AK two buyins deep reraised pot

fold flop.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Is 4bet/fold a terrible line preflop?

Also, I like folding the flop too, not sure what you're doing there.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, since you didn't what hands could villian have here. I think even though you have big slick AA, and KK still can't be discounted with river push. I think maybe since he's re raising a lot here possibly even 10's. All have you crushed.
I don't see him re raising here with Queen Jack of clubs often, but given his river push...maybe.
Then there's the off chance he has AK of clubs, missed his flush, and has you tied.
But, I hate calling all ins to tie here. It's just horrible.
I think since you didn't fold the flop which would have been best...you should fold the river agaisnt his possible range and move on to the next hand.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 PM

i think 4bet/folding is pretty bad tbh because BB's probably 3betting light even lighter with these stacks and might spew a lot with TP2K/TP3K to our TPTK
Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 08-25-2007, 01:02 PM

raise flop, push turn? much better than the line you took imo
Old 08-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Fold flop?

I have six relatively clean outs, the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I'm in position. Not to mention the fact that I don't think I'm too far behind his range, if at all.

If he checks turn, I'm pretty sure I can take the pot down with or without an A/K.

My main questions on the hand were preflop (about 4-betting), and whether I should have raised the turn or not.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, since you didn't what hands could villian have here. I think even though you have big slick AA, and KK still can't be discounted with river push. I think maybe since he's re raising a lot here possibly even 10's. All have you crushed.
I don't see him re raising here with Queen Jack of clubs often, but given his river push...maybe.
Then there's the off chance he has AK of clubs, missed his flush, and has you tied.
But, I hate calling all ins to tie here. It's just horrible.
I think since you didn't fold the flop which would have been best...you should fold the river agaisnt his possible range and move on to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many villains bet so much on the turn with KK. Flop bet is small enough that (given the pot-sized turn bet) I feel like he's either also on AK/AQ unimproved, or he's got a pocket pair below 10s. The large turn and river bets to me still feel like both of those ranges (turn/river have a lot of villains running big bluffs figuring you can't have AK after you called the flop bet)... a set could feasibly make that big turn bet trying to charge KcXc, but that seems less likely to me. I call on the river.

As far as other streets go, I don't really like the flop call, I think folding and raising are each better options. As played, I think you can push the turn and get called once in a while by underpairs and almost always get called if he's playing his KQ/KJ oddly.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold flop?

I have six relatively clean outs, the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I'm in position. Not to mention the fact that I don't think I'm too far behind his range, if at all.

If he checks turn, I'm pretty sure I can take the pot down with or without an A/K.

My main questions on the hand were preflop (about 4-betting), and whether I should have raised the turn or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you are definitely behind his range. assuming he 3bets 10's-AA's and AK/AQ. I think that's a decent assumption for a 29/15. But that's not really the main problem with just calling here. The problem is your reverse implied odds. If any ace or king hits and you get action you are most likely behind. So villain can minimize his losses when behind and maximize when ahead. That's the main reason I like folding the flop.

Unless villain is a donkey he will show up with KK/AA/AK here a lot.