Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: FTP Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
andy ... he did make you fold your pair of 9's and the donk in the middle is in fact a donk ... Just saying, you seem like your just pissed you got knocked out of the pot with the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Not pissed. I would have lost the hand anyway on the river, so nothing to be pissed about. Also like I said, he wasn't trying to bluff out a better hand, he clearly thought he had the best one, since the board only got worse on the river and he called again anyway. Plus it gave me valuable info on how he plays.

Was just sharing opinions on him since everybody in the thread already seemed to have done so.

-Andy
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 PM

gekko,

I play you fairly consistantly. You're too easy to push around. I have you at 13/10 over like 4k hands.

signed,
Your friendly 30/27
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My note on EVERYONE basically now says THEY overvalue hands too much, so value bet the crap out of THEM.
-Andy

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gekko,

I play you fairly consistantly. You're too easy to push around. I have you at 13/10 over like 4k hands.

signed,
Your friendly 30/27

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I definitely hear what you're saying. I've been 12 tabling mainly for the rakeback but it's forced me to play a pretty nitty style. Not really sure if I can keep the 12 tables going without playing like a nit, something I'm trying to figure out along the way. Obviously I know I could just drop tables but unless my winrate drops lower, I believe it's still more profitable to just nit it up at the pace I'm going.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 AM

I think I'll be moving a significant portion of my roll to FTP. GL all.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 AM

*grunch*

I recently moved down to the 1/2 grind for a spell and split my roll between party and ftp (previously played party exclusively). Way more fish on party but the average reg on ft is bad. Andykay is one of the few exceptions I've run into so far. One of the funnest things about ft so far has been some of the tightest players are also some of the worst, I'm not sure why that pleases me so much (I don't claim to be any crazy LAG myself). gomsipjorn also seems ok but not sure as he has run hot in my small sample to date and I already have noted some pretty blatant leaks he has.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:48 PM

didnt see anyone mention holdummmhero yet except when i asked about him earlier. any thoughts?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:42 PM

smart lag (2+2 i think, jfish maybe or smth?)
drgiggy
jagern
caide
dnh83
arrrrtard

and me: voltron
Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Hey,
Used to play on full tilt at 100nl, then cashed my roll out for various things like finals at uni then was taking the guts of it to vegas in the summer. Since the start of august iv been playing on party. Once i got over the software issue i thought party was fine, pretty soft and im sustaining a pretty solid winrate there [tho its obv not as good as it was pre-ban.]

was talking to a friend today about FTP and i was thinking about moving back [i play 200nl now]. the main reason was rakeback, as i didnt set a rb account up after party went ape-[censored] RE second accounts set up for rb. Any thoughts on whether this would be a good move? How are the games there now [200nl and 400nl]? iv never played 200nl+ there so i have no idea.

Any help appreciated, PM me if u want. dont really want to clog up the regs thread, tho i figure u guys are the best people to ask.

Ty.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:41 PM

im back at 100nl after my tourney score trying to relearn sixmax NL (have played too many tournamend and PLO lately)

2,500 hands and I've yet to see a single player who I would categorize as a capable player (able to beat 2/4 NL)

the player pool consists of either 15/12 players who are uncreative and will never make more than 2ptbb/100 unless they game select hardcore, and 23/18 players who have definitive postflop leaks where, if they fixed it, they could become good.

so, given this short experience thusfar, I think 100nl and 200nl are significantly diff games, mainly due to the fact that the 23/18's at 200nl are more capable at postflop decisions and can make more aggressive moves pre and postflop. also less retard-fish.

ive been playing 27/23/4.5 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread