Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Default EDF bay area homegame

Anyone else in the SF bay area interested in a home game? It would be a lot of fun to meet some EDFers.

Stakes and games don't really matter, point would be to have fun, play cards, and get to know some gamblers.

Scorpion man expressed some interest and I would like to get this going too.

One thing we would need is a willing host. I cannot host and SM probably can't either.

Anyone who wants to participate should post here and we can discuss how to organize, what games to play, etc.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: EDF bay area homegame

i could host, but then we would have to play in santa cruz, so having me host is probably a bad idea.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:01 PM

I would be interested in meeting many of you. However, I would feel kind of scared, mainly b/c I do not like doing things that I normally don't do (plus I am scared of ppl).

Would this be a "party"? Or would this be a game w/ ppl sweating it. I ask b/c while poker is the common thing that unites us all, IDK if it is the best medium for socializing. Maybe it is IDK, obv it is up to the forum to decide. (Maybe I am hesitant to play poker w/ you guys b/c I play NL30?)

Well, I didn't mean to sound negative, as the idea is great IMO. I know some kids in Hillsborough with some Balla x10 houses, but I doubt their parents would let a bunch of degens in (plus it is far from the city).
Old 06-13-2007, 09:03 PM

This post is fantastic on so many levels.

-Al
Old 06-14-2007, 02:33 AM

I'm in as long as we don't play too big. I live in a studio in the Tenderloine, if you guys have no problem roughing it, I honestly have no issues with hosting (no chips or table though).
Old 06-14-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in as long as we don't play too big. I live in a studio in the Tenderloine, if you guys have no problem roughing it, I honestly have no issues with hosting (no chips or table though).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of you have to rethink this. We are in the EDF forum, not Student Life. An EDF home game should not involve options such as "roughing it", "don't play too big" and "I hope my mum doesn't find out".

An EDF home game should involve the home being at least 6000 sq feet, with a fully stocked wine cellar and a view of the bay. The stakes should be high enough to make losing a little painful for everybody. The chips will obviously need to be hand crafted originals with El D's avatar burned into the face. The table will prefably have been stolen from the Bellagio high rollers room.

I think that this is a start, feel free to add any important points I may have missed.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in meeting many of you. However, I would feel kind of scared, mainly b/c I do not like doing things that I normally don't do (plus I am scared of ppl).

Would this be a "party"? Or would this be a game w/ ppl sweating it. I ask b/c while poker is the common thing that unites us all, IDK if it is the best medium for socializing. Maybe it is IDK, obv it is up to the forum to decide. (Maybe I am hesitant to play poker w/ you guys b/c I play NL30?)

Well, I didn't mean to sound negative, as the idea is great IMO. I know some kids in Hillsborough with some Balla x10 houses, but I doubt their parents would let a bunch of degens in (plus it is far from the city).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I think I might have some leftover Prozac floating around somewhere.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:44 AM

RJ, will you come to SF if there's a host there?

JV, if you are afraid of people this is probably not the right place for you. There will be no people just sweating, that's ridiculous. Poker is a fine medium for socializing if you are a) not a nit b) socially competent and c) have good humor when it comes to losing. If you don't have those qualities you don't belong in the EDF homegame.

steel, I don't think anyone's gonna want to "rough it" to a studio in the TL.

----

Is anyone else interested?

Any proposals for what games to play? I was thinking No limit hold em and omaha ([censored] pot limit), and some stud, stud8, o8... just not razz... maybe chinese poker but i'll have to be taught that. Same goes for other games I don't know.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
RJ, will you come to SF if there's a host there?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i work in mountain view, so if we do it on a friday night or something that would be super easy for me to come up there and just stay with friends up there when we're done. I could probably drop a couple hundred bucks without feeling too bad, so we dont need to play like a super mini kids game, but at the same time, no 5-10 nl or anything please. haha. I have a pretty nice, big chipset too if we need it.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think all of you have to rethink this. We are in the EDF forum, not Student Life. An EDF home game should not involve options such as "roughing it", "don't play too big" and "I hope my mum doesn't find out".

An EDF home game should involve the home being at least 6000 sq feet, with a fully stocked wine cellar and a view of the bay. The stakes should be high enough to make losing a little painful for everybody. The chips will obviously need to be hand crafted originals with El D's avatar burned into the face. The table will prefably have been stolen from the Bellagio high rollers room.

I think that this is a start, feel free to add any important points I may have missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol!!

If you all start one of these, I'd be down next time I'm in the Bay Area.