Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you agree that Stud is as complex, if not more so, than Hold'em?
Yes 26 72.22%
No 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Dog Fighting

With Michael Vick in the news for possibly dog fighting, I thought about my own feelings on whether or not fighting dogs should be illegal. I own a dog. I would never want to attend a dog fight. I love dogs, and animals in general, but I think peta is misguided at best. I eat steak, chicken, fish, and would consider eating horse, cat, or dog.

I think dog fighting should be legal.

I don't think it's a governments place to govern our treatment of domesticated animals. I'm sure plenty of the chicken I love to eat has endured horrible conditions during its life at the chicken farm-factory. I'm sure plenty of dogs used in dog fights live much better lives. I'm sure dog fighting is enjoyed by the full spectrum of society from the richest to the poorest. This isn't to say I personally am I a fan of dog fighting. I'm not. It's hard to believe something like dog fighting should be legal, when I find little redeeming qualities in it, but I won't be the judge of another's man past times.

I do believe starving and/or neglecting animals should be illegal, as it is.

Link to an interesting article on dog fighting, its history, and why it's hard to arrest those involved.
http://citypages.com/databank/27/1351/article14824.asp

In the hopes of keeping this thread somewhat light hearted, I'll post a pole more in line with OOT's refined tastes to accompany my soapbox spiel.

Assume Michael Vick is unarmed and in an small enclosed area. Dogs are rabid.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Dog Fighting

What's with you assuming pit bulls are the most vicious dogs?

My father owned a two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and one was responsible for several pit bull kills. Not surprising considering they are breed to hunt lions.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:53 PM

this is an idiotic post and i am pre-emptively locking it, this thread could be in either politics or sporting events, but not here.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with you assuming pit bulls are the most vicious dogs?

My father owned a two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and one was responsible for several pit bull kills. Not surprising considering they are bread to hunt lions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, didn't mean to imply they are.
I don't pretend to be know the hierarchy of vicious dogs.

Which breeds do you think are the most vicious?

Man, locked for this???
Whatta bummer, oh well.
I figure if nobody responds, then I know it's a lame post, but now I'll die wondering what could've been.
I thought OOT was the place for off the wall, free thinking, and subjects that don't don't fit neatly into other forums.
Closed Thread