Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Some people say \"good luck\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you the poster who used to claim that the [Iraqi] insurgents are "mostly outsiders" themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, I most certainly did not claim that.

[/ QUOTE ]Fair enough. It was another poster, then, and I apologize for thinking it was you.

Now, how about commenting on the issue at hand: What evidence do you possess for the fantastic claims you made? Where do you base them, besides speculation?

[ QUOTE ]
Have a good life, and good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ] I see. Thanks anyway.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Some people say \"good luck\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you the poster who used to claim that the [Iraqi] insurgents are "mostly outsiders" themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, I most certainly did not claim that.

[/ QUOTE ]Fair enough. It was another poster, then, and I apologize for thinking it was you.

Now, how about commenting on the issue at hand: What evidence do you possess for the fantastic claims you made? Where do you base them, besides speculation?

[ QUOTE ]
Have a good life, and good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ] I see. Thanks anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cyrus, I'll perhaps comment on points you make AFTER I see ample long-term evidence that you are no longer employing intellectually dishonest tactics in your arguments and discussions. The thread you started about thanking the Republicans for the Irving police department's recent tactics is a petty example of this, along with the ensuing discussion; but you do such things, and employ even more intellectually dishonest tactics, in many other instances too.

You and I have reached a complete impasse as far as discussion goes, and it's not something that can be easily or quickly overcome. I'm not playing the game where you "sometimes" debate forthrightly and at other times with intellectual dishonesty. This has little to do with your points or conclusions but much to do with your tactics. You can play fair ALL THE TIME or I'm not playing with you.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Time to kill Iranians

[ QUOTE ]

If Europe would grow a spine they could help us out with it (in more than a token manner)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Europeans do have a spine thank you very much and with any luck and some semblence of intelligence it will be used to stand up to the war-mongering "leader of the free world"
Old 03-31-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Iranians are fu**** crazy. Just look how they fought off Iraq in the 1980's using their human wave attacks. They took civilian "volunteers" by the 100,000's and had them run at the Iraqui front lines until the Iraquis ran out of bullets. Each human wave was followed by the Iranian Army who were able to push back the bulletless Iraquis. This happened repeadedly until over 1 million Iranian civilians were killed. One of the last human waves used were children mostly 8-12 yaers of age. Each child was given a copy of the Koran and a plastic key to wear around their neck. They were told this was the key to heaven then sent them on their way toward the Iraqui front lines where they were all killed.

Any government who does this to their own civilians deserves to be destroyed. I say we strike a deal with Russia and China. We wipe out the Iranian military and let Russia and China split the Iranain oil fields. We get rid of a sh** hole of a country and make Russia and China happy in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weren't most of the Native Americans our citizens? We slaughtered them pretty good. I hope some other, more rightous, nation comes in to destroy us for our shameful treatment of our own citizens.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:39 PM

If we go to War with Iran while losing in Iraq and Afganistan...
Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents ever.
If you want to launch a strike at a nuke plant etc thats one thing...invading Iran would be retarded. Talk about really getting our asses kicked.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:09 PM

Default Vive la difference

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If Europe would grow a spine they could help us out with it (in more than a token manner)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Europeans do have a spine thank you very much and with any luck and some semblence of intelligence it will be used to stand up to the war-mongering "leader of the free world"

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies on behalf of America. The present day "conservative", "neo-con" etc can only reduce themselves to name-calling when someone disagrees with their position.

Some of us can take disagreement, some cannot and tilt off. Again, not all Americans are so intellectually challenged.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weren't most of the Native Americans our citizens? We slaughtered them pretty good. I hope some other, more rightous, nation comes in to destroy us for our shameful treatment of our own citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they were really considered citizens by the people in charge.

Besides, just becasue we did something 150 years ago, doesn't make it ok for someone to do today. The entire western world treated people not like them as garbage until well into the 20th century, certainly not just the US.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:20 AM

I heard on the radio tonight that Iran had tested a missile that was capable of delivering a nuke warhead. Anybody heard anything about this.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard on the radio tonight that Iran had tested a missile that was capable of delivering a nuke warhead. Anybody heard anything about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1200 mile range. Stealth technology.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Iran were to dismantle its nuke programs you still want to take them out?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were to do so in fully verifiable fashion; no, then we would probably not need to take out their nuke sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, dismantling your weapons programs in a fully verifible fashion is no guarantee we won't invade anyways.

Didn't help Iraq -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

DIDN'T F*CKING HELP IRAQ?

COME ON WE JUST GOT THERE, YOU KNOW IT TAKES TIME!!!