Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Luckyjimm busto

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jimm come on man are you really an idiot? Nothing personal but is it really so hard to just play stakes you can afford? You sound like you can at least beat micro stakes, why not just stay there and grind and actually get yourself a bankroll??? Then you would get to keep your paychecks for real life,and might actually see some money coming into your bank account FROM poker.

Get over all your self-pitying psychoanalysis and just be a man and take care of business ffs.

Seriously do you want to be a pitiful broke dumbass gambler your whole life?

I mean this in the nicest way possible as a former drug addict that felt sorry for myself for my own self created problem.

You get to choose how you live your life. You can choose to be a broke degenerate, or you can get your act together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said! Before I was into poker, I was into booze - I've not written about this enough in my blog, I really should - and for six months after I quit, I went to AA. I think I internalised the line about having "no mental defence" when it comes to my addiction. Like I can't listen to the little voice telling me that perhaps depositing my rent money when I'm steaming (or even when I'm not) isn't a good idea. I need to start believing in my own willpower a bit more, that I am the active agent in my life, and every day is about making choices. Right now I'm mainly making bad ones, but it needn't be that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy Jimm: Your muse is that little degen voice in your head. Keep composing your sick, beautiful compositions sarcastically set in the depth of despair and the height of joy.

Also, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Snagglepuss.

-1 Luckyjimm fan
Old 12-01-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jimm come on man are you really an idiot? Nothing personal but is it really so hard to just play stakes you can afford? You sound like you can at least beat micro stakes, why not just stay there and grind and actually get yourself a bankroll??? Then you would get to keep your paychecks for real life,and might actually see some money coming into your bank account FROM poker.

Get over all your self-pitying psychoanalysis and just be a man and take care of business ffs.

Seriously do you want to be a pitiful broke dumbass gambler your whole life?

I mean this in the nicest way possible as a former drug addict that felt sorry for myself for my own self created problem.

You get to choose how you live your life. You can choose to be a broke degenerate, or you can get your act together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said! Before I was into poker, I was into booze - I've not written about this enough in my blog, I really should - and for six months after I quit, I went to AA. I think I internalised the line about having "no mental defence" when it comes to my addiction. Like I can't listen to the little voice telling me that perhaps depositing my rent money when I'm steaming (or even when I'm not) isn't a good idea. I need to start believing in my own willpower a bit more, that I am the active agent in my life, and every day is about making choices. Right now I'm mainly making bad ones, but it needn't be that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy Jimm: Your muse is that little degen voice in your head. Keep composing your sick, beautiful compositions sarcastically set in the depth of despair and the height of joy.

Also, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Snagglepuss.

-1 Luckyjimm fan

[/ QUOTE ]

living in Jimm's misery will never supply you enough joy to withstand your own misery.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omg i can't stop laughing about the pudding... w t f

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I wasn't the only one who found humor in the fact he sooooo looks forward to pudding!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ive been saying this for a long time, except would you feel the same way if your brother didn't have it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I sure would like to think so. But our relationship has been one the most significant factors in shaping who i am as a person. And across the board through all areas of my life i would guess/know that if he were not my brother i would be a far less compassionate and empathetic person.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ive been saying this for a long time, except would you feel the same way if your brother didn't have it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I sure would like to think so. But our relationship has been one the most significant factors in shaping who i am as a person. And across the board through all areas of my life i would guess/know that if he were not my brother i would be a far less compassionate and empathetic person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you completely, but seriously just look at the people who are posting that picture. I think most of the pictures on here are funny as hell but these are crossing the line.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Oh that Jimm! Just when you think he's busto, he runs up a ministeak and someone bails him out with a loan. Will he ever learn? Either way I find him somewhat endearing, although pitiable. May his journy continue to entertain us all!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NONE of the humour here is even close to brilliant but then again I'm english.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$271.06</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$282.31</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$310.45</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$115.14</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$158.67</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$368.08</font>)

Pre-flop: ($4, 6 players) Hero is UTG 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls $2, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $9</font>, CO calls $9, <font color="#777777">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $7
<font color="#777777"> 68.50% (EV = $13.61)
</font><font color="#777777"> 31.50% (EV = $1.39)
</font>
Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($33, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $20</font>, CO calls $20, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $110</font>, UTG+1 calls $90, <font color="#777777">CO folds</font>
<font color="#777777"> 63.00% (EV = $61.99)
</font><font color="#777777"> 37.00% (EV = -$8.99)
</font>
Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($273, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero goes all-in $152.06</font>, UTG+1 calls $152.06
<font color="#777777"> 82.50% (EV = $324.06)
</font><font color="#777777"> 17.50% (EV = -$51.06)
</font>
River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($577.12, 2 players)
<font color="#777777"> 100.00% (EV = $577.12)
</font><font color="#777777"> 0.00% (EV = $0.00)
</font>
Final Pot: $577.12
Hero shows: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG+1 shows: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero wins $571.12 ( won +$300.06 )
UTG+1 lost -$271.06
CO lost -$29.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... does iPoker really charge $6 in rake??!!?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:33 PM

jimm i am a new fan, i read your posts for the first time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hilarious.
the pudding thing was sheer gold
Old 12-01-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jimm,
if i ever have a child, when he grows up a bit i'm gonna show you his blog. That'll most likely scare him into never gambling ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that Jim would stalk your child [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<font color="white"> Lori</font>

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]