Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Official UB Regulars Thread

not quite sure why you have such a problem with me. long ago you called me a dbag. in this thread you have called me a "selfish prick" and "mentally retarded." im pretty sure ive never had a problem with u but if you wanna flex your internet muscles and it makes you feel cool i guess thats fine, ill let it slide. do you feel strong and proud now?

anyway, theres quite a few situations where this can create unethical behavior. sure, getting frozen with the nuts and dcing is fine and no harm done.

but what about facing a tough decision in a big pot and you get frozen? well, now the software gives you an easy out and you dont have to decide if the guy is bluffing 20% or 50% and it doesnt matter bc you can dc and just freeroll his bluffing %.

and someone does this dc at a tough time during a freeze. and they dont get caught. and now they realize there are no repercussions for dcing. so now they are facing a tough decision on the river and they really hope a waitlist freeze comes and maybe talk themselves into dcing "this one time."

heres the thing, if everyone agrees to only dc on the super obv fist pump calls thats cool. but i simply dont trust ppl that much.

my solution is pretty simple. dont use waitlists. now youre not forced to, umm, bend the rules.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:28 PM

I tend to view most posts in a vacuum so I don't have a problem with you personally, I guess you just repeatedly make posts that piss me off.

This is really all on UB anyway. If they didn't create this [censored] problem by refusing to fix their [censored] software then we wouldn't have to be sitting here debating the ethics of disconnecting.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM

the two biggest problems on ub right now are the waitlist bug and the total abuse of the disconnect protects. any ub reg faces one (really both) of these issues a couple of times a day.

i think goofy is right. if you get hit by the waitlist bug its only fair you should be able to DC. thats what disconnect protection is there for, right? too protect you when your computer is unable to make any action.

none of the 2+2 regs here are cheating... when we disconnected its not because we want a cheap SD or free card, its because something [censored] up. dont get into a stupid flame war over poker ethics.

best advice is for everyone to email ub about the bug... its very likely they wont fix it, but at least they will know about it. so instead of bitching in this thread, bitch in an email addressed to memberservices@ultimatebet.com

ryan
Old 11-22-2007, 02:25 AM

why does UB so brutally handle me at times.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:45 AM

what do you guys think about that Maxemus fellow? I've played quite a few hands with him and he seems to spew a ton. He also monkey tilts quite a bit. What a sucker...
Old 11-22-2007, 05:17 AM

What about that player Broberts06. Is that supposed to be ben roberts or is he some kind of poser. Anyways, I saw him spew 15k against trambo:P
Old 11-22-2007, 10:01 AM

I get the waitlist freeze at least 2 or 3 times a day. Have mailed UB and seem to be getting their standard response asking for system specs etc. Will report back if I actually get anywhere useful.

Judging by the first response I got I think the chances are limited lol

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

We release a new version of the UB software that fixes of this technical difficulties, if you can install it to verify it fixes this problem.

Additional we contact our development team, so they can verify any possible error that may cause you this problem.

fwiw the CTRL-ALT-DEL gets me out of the freeze about 1/5 of the time. The rest of the time I just have to kill the app and restart it.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Re pphater disconnection abuse. I've been accused of this myself recently and I have never done it. I have a terrible connection at my new address and I think it is pretty shady to accuse anyone without concrete proof. I don't think 3 hands is enough as I i've been disconnected in 3 big pots this week alone, whereas pphaters have a bit of time between them.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:52 PM

a little x-post for those who havnt noticed yet:

Im looking to buy big 5/10+ PT-databases from Bodog, Ipoker, Prima and Everest.
Who can help out? PM me pls...
Old 11-22-2007, 01:54 PM

I dont think it is even disputable, pphater clearly abuses disconnect protection. Not to mention he hits and runs like everytime we play HU, but whatever.