Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Tetris DS Injury/Brag Post

I like to jump on fads after their prime, but before they are retro-cool, so I have been playing Tetris on DS a lot lately.

I thought I was pretty badass when I broke 100 lines. Then I hit 125 and was so proud of my awesomeness. Then I learned of the perpetual spin technique and hit 200 lines to unlock marathon mode.

After I unlocked marathon mode, I was able to get a new line record of 358. This was a huge line score for me, and since I destroyed my brother's previous recrd of 196, I was content.

Now onto my injury...
Yesterday I crack open the DS for a quick game. I'm running hot, and soon I pass the 300 line mark. The action is fast and furious, and I glance at 357 in the line count. My board is scary and I am nearing the top o' the screen. Within another minute or so, the board is clear and I have achieved a new record. I decide to not really look at the line count anymore.

A couple times, I find myself thinking the end is near, only to have the board cleared soon after. This is truly an epic moment in my life, but I still don't look at the line count.

After one hour and ten minutes, the game gets the best of me. My eyes are fatigued and the board fills up - game over.

I drop my arms and feel my biceps cramping up. WTF? A Tetris injury? Yes. After over an hour of holding several ounces at about a 90° angle, my biceps were aching as I finally straightened out my arms. More than 24 hours later, they are still a little sore.

Well, it was worth it, imo. For I OBLITERATED my previous record of 358 - with a new line count record of 812!

Brag: I have what I consider a phenomonal line count record in tetris DS.
Beat: I got bicep cramps from a video game.
Beat: I wasted over an hour of my Sunday, on Tetris DS.
Beat: This record is probably only impressive to me, and will not affect my life in any positive way.
Beat: I have poor vision as it is, and staring at those little colorful blocks spinning around on my screen for over an hour straight, probably accelerated my eyesight deterioration.

Anyone wanna share their line count records? (if 812+ is common, I will get depressed)
Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Tetris DS Injury/Brag Post

where does it say this?

i'm pretty sure you beat me. in records, under standard for marathon high score i have 285521 and then it says
endless: 0

how many tetris points do you have? i'm at 12391. i think i could easily get some more but couldn't be bothered with some of the stupid games.

mission scores
-----------

marathon score: 347484
level: 15

times:
1 - 1:31:75
2 - 2:28:90
3 - 2:36:63
4 - 3:38:58
5 - 3:50:93

level 5 push is f'n tough too.

EDIT: oh i see now you can set it to endless in marathon mode. i never did that. i certainly couldn't be bothered to try anymore. i played lots over the summer while fighting the war in afghanistan.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:38 PM

One of my friends wore a splint on his wrist for a few weeks due to Tetris DS injuries.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 PM

i said i wouldn't try it, but i couldn't help myself. haven't played in months. got 313 lines.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone wanna share their line count records? (if 812+ is common, I will get depressed)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if it's on the same setting but take a look . . .

Sources:

http://boards.ign.com/tetris/b6434/113394796/p1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...DSC00015-1.jpg
http://www.frozenray.net/images/tetris.jpg

I was intrigued so I looked it up . . .
Old 11-19-2007, 08:30 PM

thanks for this post. i dusted off my tetris and realized i can now do the wifi games. this was pretty cool.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:06 PM

because of the hold feature and the ability to spin and move the pieces while they are on the bottom, you can pretty much go forever if you have the time. i wanted to see how far i could go, but then i got bored and wanted to play another game.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 AM

yeah i got 999+ just cause someone said i couldnt do it. no tetris injuries though