Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: 1 Robber from NYC Shooting Arrested--Shocker, he has a record

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Srsly take this [censored] to politics, if anyone but TT chimed in on that comment they woulda been given a timeout or something equally lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but who the hell are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously someone who was banned in the past, where should we set the over/under how long he will last this time?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how the fk does this guy murder someone and is out in 7 years

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta make room for drug users

[/ QUOTE ]

<wince> all too true.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Apparently the Grand Jury failed to indict this guy in a timely manner and he was released yesterday. Charges are still pending, but he can't be held without an indictment...

Defense claims that charges are based solely on a single eye witness...

Story also includes description of earlier murder conviction. Pretty sick that this guy was on the streets regardless of what his role was in the murder and robbery two weeks ago.

New York Post story
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the Grand Jury failed to indict this guy in a timely manner and he was released yesterday. Charges are still pending, but he can't be held without an indictment...

Defense claims that charges are based solely on a single eye witness...

Story also includes description of earlier murder conviction. Pretty sick that this guy was on the streets regardless of what his role was in the murder and robbery two weeks ago.

New York Post story

[/ QUOTE ]

So that you understand, this release deos not have the effect of preventing the DA from getting an indictment. He is just released from custody now while there is no indictment.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

We found out they were holding Bill on Monday, I am shocked he was being held as long as he was. I assume the PD's idea was to keep it quiet so they could catch the other criminals. They really screwed this one up.

And LOL at the defense lawyers claim of only one eye witness. Thats a DA error, they thought they needed only one eye witness to support the case but there were many available + the eye in the sky worked. This was 100% PD & DA bumbling, nothing more. He will be brought back in for sure.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I was told he was the shooter...

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, I am unclear on this detail. All the articles say policed does not believe he was the shooter. Am I understanding this correctly? You got some information, from some other source, that police believe he was the shooter, right?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...They really screwed this one up.

And LOL at the defense lawyers claim of only one eye witness. Thats a DA error, they thought they needed only one eye witness to support the case but there were many available + the eye in the sky worked. This was 100% PD & DA bumbling, nothing more...

[/ QUOTE ]
TT,

I find that the articles are very vague and inconsistent. That is a trademark of fine American journalism. To quote Thomas Jefferson: "To be truly informed one must learn how to completely ignore newspapers."

I have not seen any piece of information that convinces me that this scumbag is the right guy. What is important is that they catch the right people (all 3 of them) and lock them up in a small cell for the rest of their miserable lives. What I want to see I the news is some piece of information that will be more convincing that this guy is the right guy.

And I agree with previously expressed sentiments. This guy should not be on the streets to begin with, just for the previous murder.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, I am unclear on this detail. All the articles say policed does not believe he was the shooter. Am I understanding this correctly? You got some information, from some other source, that police believe he was the shooter, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

other sources. Apparently he wasn't the shooter, but I should not disclose why it was assumed he was until the indictment is handed down.

PS - they got the right guy. Trust me on this one, he was one of the robbers. There are a lot more than just one eye witness, there were over 60 people in the club.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:55 PM

What kind of masks were these guys wearing?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

other sources. Apparently he wasn't the shooter, but I should not disclose why it was assumed he was until the indictment is handed down.

PS - they got the right guy. Trust me on this one, he was one of the robbers. There are a lot more than just one eye witness, there were over 60 people in the club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if this guy was a regular in the NYC poker scene?