Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: nl 100, AKs, do I go broke?

again...

how do we even have close to the "nuts" figuratively/literally, any 2 ways about it on this flop? I really doubt AQ calls our shove, and AJ even less.

The only hand that we beat if we c/r AI is AT. If you are villain, and on this board you're getting c/r AI, you feel comfortable going for stacks with KK, AK, AA as probably hero hands??
Old 10-30-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
again...

how do we even have close to the "nuts" figuratively/literally, any 2 ways about it on this flop? The nuts would be like an AA2 or A22 board. You don't need 2 pair to beat AQ or AJ here...amirite??

I really doubt AQ calls our shove, and AJ even less.

The only hand that we beat if we c/r AI is AT. If you are villain, and on this board you're getting c/r AI, you feel comfortable going for stacks with KK, AK, AA as probably hero hands??

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
again...

how do we even have close to the "nuts" figuratively/literally, any 2 ways about it on this flop? I really doubt AQ calls our shove, and AJ even less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

Villain has 3-bet preflop, and bet the flop. That's all.

Stop playing like Villain can see you have AK. Stop pretending that average villains are not going to fire a continuation bet with QQ or JJ or AQ or AJ or KQ.

WTF. I gave villain an insanely tight range for calling a push, and you are a 2:1 favorite.

And again, lol @ anyone folding TP2K+gutshot to the nuts in a re-raised pot. Especially when you have under-repped your hand.

I wonder about guys like you two. You bitch and moan about how worse hands won't call...do you bluff a lot then?!? Do you often try to push players off top pair? Because if you bluffed anywhere near as much as you "should" according to your logic about how tight most villain's are, you'd go busto in 5k hands.

But feel free to be all results-oriented on me. Everyone knew this hand belonged in BBV when we read the title.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop playing like Villain can see you have AK. Stop pretending that average villains are not going to fire a continuation bet with QQ or JJ or AQ or AJ or KQ.

WTF. I gave villain an insanely tight range for calling a push, and you are a 2:1 favorite.

And again, lol @ anyone folding TP2K+gutshot to the nuts in a re-raised pot. Especially when you have under-repped your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. some people post like they live in a fantasy theory world where they seem to expect their opponents routinely to fold top pair. Or mysteriously give up with a gutshot + pair. Heres a clue to help you play this hand *THEY WONT FOLD TOP PAIR IF YOU RAISE THE FLOP*.

Based on this analysis, get the monies into teh pot = profit.