Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Ruling

I'm new to twoplustwo and enjoying it more than the other sites

we were playing last night at our local bar.

$1/$2 NL 8 handed.

player A raises $10 preflop and player B, player C and I decide to call with my
middle suited connectors.

The flop is 6,6,7 rainbow. I flopped top pair. nothing big but it's checked to
me.

I decide to make a stab at it. I bet $15. These guys aren't the type to check
a free card, especially if they have an over pair to that board. If someone has
the 6, then I'll know when they call (maybe).

player A folds and just before player B was about to fold, the dealer for some
reason flips the card. I said WTF?

and now that player B saw the card, he says, I saw it and I'm going all-in. He
didn't have a whole lot more than my bet. I think he had $30 or so total.
PLayer C folds and I kinda had to call because there is always a small chance he
was bluffing.

well.... he wasn't bluffing and it was a King on the turn and he had K,Q in his
hand and I lose.

What is the correct ruling here? Other than player B obviously being a goof and
even though he saw the card, still should have folded regardless.. because that
was what he was going to do anyway.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Ruling

this is the wrong forum, but that's a misdeal. the guy never called your flop bet. i think the hand was dead when he didn't call and then shoved the turn.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the wrong forum, but that's a misdeal. the guy never called your flop bet. i think the hand was dead when he didn't call and then shoved the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you put the king aside, complete the turn action, deal the river card as the turn, shuffle the king back in and deal another river card.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you put the king aside, complete the turn action, deal the river card as the turn, shuffle the king back in and deal another river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. This is the correct way to do it.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct if they go on with the hand. If its obvious that the player was about to fold and is now being an ass, the brush should just give the pot to you (if its only the two of you left)
Old 01-04-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can someone explain the rationale behind doing this? to me, it would seem to make the most sense to immediately shuffle the King back in the deck and peel the turn...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can someone explain the rationale behind doing this? to me, it would seem to make the most sense to immediately shuffle the King back in the deck and peel the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

This way the river card becomes the turn card and a new river card is taken from the deck. That means only one card wrong from the original board. If you shuffle it right away you will have a two new cards

sorry I explain so badly, english is basically my 4th language
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM

I get what you're saying, but I don't understand how the river can be "wrong" if it's yet to be seen.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get what you're saying, but I don't understand how the river can be "wrong" if it's yet to be seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic premise is simply to disturb what would have been the original cards as little as possible. Sometimes things go so wrong that you have no choice but to shuffle the whole deck, but where you can identify what would have been the correct turn or river and they haven't been exposed, you use 'em. It's statistically unimportant, and yeah, just shuffling the whole deck is as good a solution as any, really. That just ain't the way it's typically done.

What's important here, though, is the other player doesn't get to see the next card and then decide to call or raise your flop bet. Not sure how anyone could even THINK they could do this.