Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Tony\'s NFL Week 5 Picks (YTD 11-11-2, +2.9 units)

YTD 11-11-2, +2.9 Units

If my trend for the season continues then this week should be a good week as i've won in weeks 1 and 3 and lost in weeks 2 and 4. I really like the lines on my selections this week and am going with 2 unit bets on most of them.

Apologies for the lack of analysis but i've been really busy this week.

Washington @ NY Giants
NY Giants -4.5
1 unit @ 1.909
Washington finally found their offense last week but i don't think they will repeat it against the Giants who will be fresh coming off their bye week.

St Louis @ Green Bay
St Louis -3
2 units @ 2.070
The Rams have won their last two and are looking good. In contrast the Pack are banged up and looking very bad especially on Monday night.

Buffalo @ Chicago
Over 34.5
2 units @ 1.990
The Chicago offense is for real and they can put up these points on their own.

Kansas City @ Arizona
Kansas City -3.5
2 units @ 1.962
Rookie QB Leinart will likely get his first start while veteran backup Huard has been looking good for the Chiefs. The Chiefs won 41-0 last week against the 49ers and shouldn't have any problems with another weak defense in the Cardinals.

Oakland @ San Francisco
San Francisco -3
2 units @ 1.877
2 very poor teams, but at least the 49ers look proficient on offense excluding last weeks game. Look for them to bounce back here against the woeful Raiders.

Dallas @ Philadelphia
Philadelphia -1
2 units @ 1.862
There's just no way that Philly will let T.O. and the Cowboys win this one.

Pittsburgh @ San Diego
Pittsburgh +3.5
2 units @ 1.855
Steelers need a win to get back into things and can get it here. Expect Big Ben to be back to normal after the bye week and their D to shut down LT. Chargers coach Schottenheimer will continue his ultra conservative strategy which cost them last week's game and a few last season and the Steelers will come out with the win.

Baltimore @ Denver
Over 33
2 units @ 1.952
I can't believe this total is this low. Both McNair and Plummer can air it out and this one should go over easy.

All lines from Pinny correct at time of posting.

www.sharpsports.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Tony\'s NFL Week 5 Picks - Wrap Up

There were a couple of changes to the picks i posted here this week. Firstly i managed to get the Chiefs -3 and not -3.5 and then after seeing the weather report for the Monday Night game i changed my stance on that one. Both changes were listed on my blog ahead of time but not on here. Here is my blog post from last night before kickoff:

Monday, October 09, 2006
MNF Bet Change
Okay, so it's freezing, and there's a chance of snow tonight in Denver therefore we're going to change this bet to under 34.5 points for 2 units. Let's hope i haven't second guessed myself. I also like Denver -3.5 for 1 unit. The game kicks in about 20 minutes.

posted by TonySoprano9 at 5:21 PM 0 comments

The lines on those bets were 1.71 and 1.76 respectively and came from Betfair btw and it's sure nice to be a British sports bettor who is able to bet on any site without restriction and not a US one in these messed up times we live in.

Anyway my trend of winning in the odd weeks continued with a 6-1-2 week for +6.5 units bringing my YTD record to 17-12-4 with a profit of +9.5 units.

This week i'll be looking to break my trend of losing in the even weeks and have already made early plays on Philly and the Jets. My full picks will be posted on Thursday.

If you're interested you can see my blog here