Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 PM

Default B&M 3/6 flopped small full house

This is the same B&M 3/6 game as the AJo hand in the huge pot where I made 2 pair on the river. The Australian woman to my right had finally gotten her stud seat and a young, well-dressed Asian woman had just taken her seat. She was probably changing tables, because she already had a small stack of chips. This Asian woman looked familiar and my vague recollection was that she is aggressive, but maybe I had her confused with someone else. (I left a few of hands latter, so I’m not sure.)

I’m in the HJ with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A couple of limpers, Asian woman checks her posts, I limp, few more people limp.

Flop: (7 players, 6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to the Asian woman, who bet. I raise. Everyone folded to the Asian woman who calls.

Should I have played this flopped full house fast like this or waited for the turn. The bet to my right allowed me to raise and knock everyone else out. Still, anyone who has 6x is not going to fold. I’m guessing the Asian woman has 6x. Players with pocket pairs are probably not folding either. Those are the hands that are most likely to draw out on me. So the players I would knock out are basically drawing dead. In this game, most players would slow play, so raising might disguise my hand. My image here is tight.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: B&M 3/6 flopped small full house

I'm afraid to answer for looking stupid. I'd probably just call here. This is way different than the AA hand in that a lot of people could call off overs and catch top pair. I think you have to give them a chance to pay you. So, I just call. But for the record my first instinct was to raise, so I understand that.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 PM

as a slight aside with this and the AJ hand in mind, how does it feel to run like a god?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Why do you want to knock people out? You have a monster, the pot is small, everyone else is drawing nearly dead. Call and let them all in. Your equity is probably 90% or better. Raising will increase that but at the cost of killing all the action behind you. You don't get hands like this often. You have to extract maximum value.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 AM

i dont raise this.

see my blog (link in profile) for an example. i ended up losing but thats pretty irrelevant.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as a slight aside with this and the AJ hand in mind, how does it feel to run like a god?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a very good winning session, but I didn’t exactly run like a god. I was card dead for much of the five and half hours. I got QQ twice and it held up once. I got JJ and 99 once, but they didn’t hold up. An AQ held up. I never got AA, KK, AK.

I played a bunch of Axs hands, but none of them ever flopped a flush draw. I had a bunch of other small to medium pocket pairs, but this is the only one that connected. On this hand I won a small pot. The Asian woman called my turn bet, but folded the river.

I did split another giant pot with 77 that made a one card straight. SB had KK and raised, I was the BB and called with 77, it came back caped. I flopped an OESD and made the straight on the turn. I split the pot with a fish that played 74o.

Now a month and half ago I had a session where I did run like a god. I got lots of good starting hands and they almost all held up. I was up two and half racks in just and hour and a half and was still up more than two racks when I left. Since then I have been running mostly bad, so it was time for another good session.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

This is one of those hands where your relative position is bad. Overcalls are the way to go.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those hands where your relative position is bad. Overcalls are the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes raising is bad here. If you want money, you call.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 AM

The pot is small and your hand is huge.Give them a chance to hit their oc's or pickup a flush or str8 draw. The only hands that will call your raise are a 6, 45, or a pp. Let everyone who has no chance to catch up call.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:11 PM

Grunch....

A raise here does nothing to protect your hand from anyone holding a 6; they are going to the river, and they have five outs (the two 6s and the three cards that pair their kicker). Your raise will knock out unimproved high cards and possibly even pocket pairs. The unimproved high cards are almost dead, and the pocket pairs have 2 outs.

I'd just call here and see what happens. It'd sure be sweet if someone runner runnered a flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]