Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:08 PM

Default NL50 - AA facing 4Bet All-in

Villain is 35.7/4.2/.57 over only 42 hands. I've been finding that many villians at this level tend to automatically put people on AK and get aggressive on the flop, but villain's 4Bet makes me think he may actually have something here as lots of hands beat me here. Only thing I'm beating is TP or str8 draw(which I've seen pushed in this situation a lot). I really want to call, but should I just fold?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($15.65)
MP3 ($23)
CO ($26.70)
Hero ($64.30)
SB ($9)
BB ($60.40)
UTG ($53.80)
UTG+1 ($55.25)
MP1 ($58.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $67.65 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AA facing 4Bet All-in

If you are considering a fold, why did you 3-bet the flop?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:46 PM

SABR, what would be a good line here? It seems that hands which might explain BBs line (taking stats into account) probably include 66-JJ, 76, maybe A6/A7.

Stoving it, we crush that range, so it would be an obvious shove. However, I don't know if stoving it makes any sense, as pokerstove doesn't weight the likelihood of various holdings (other than # of combos).

I think I like to call here (meaning call the $9, not the $67.50) and try to get to a cheap showdown. Does that make sense, or is it awfully weak tight?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:47 PM

Shrug. If that's your read, go with it. But c/r/4betshove does mean set/straight (sooted connectorz 54s ldo).
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I like to call here (meaning call the $9, not the $67.50) and try to get to a cheap showdown. Does that make sense, or is it awfully weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is fine against someone with those stats.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is fine against someone with those stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

its what I would do
i don't like reraising and certainly dont like folding
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Now that you've re-raised, isn't a call almost forced due to pot size vs. remaining stack?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Think about your plan for the hand before you take this action.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Think about your plan for the hand before you take this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therein lies the problem - I really didn't have much of a plan (ok, I had no plan whatsoever). I really need to work on formulating a plan of action based on my reads and villain's actions. When villain raised me to 9, I felt like it was a bet to knock me off AK/AQ type of hands (but honestly, don't know why I felt that, or if I should have felt that). Instead of re-popping to $22, would a shove been better (at least I'd be putting the villian in a spot to make a decision). I (think) understand the reasons for just calling and trying to get a showdown cheaply, but that always seems to bite me in the arse and makes me uncomfortable to give away control of the hand (which I managed to do here, anyway).

On a separate but related subject, my natural tendency is to play weakly, but I know that I need to be aggressive (in the right spots) but then I end up straddling weak/agressive by betting/RR but doing so with a weak bet-size. And then of course, there is picking the right spots to be aggressive which may bring us back full circle that I need to have a plan beyond the current action. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and providing such good input!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Therein lies the problem - I really didn't have much of a plan (ok, I had no plan whatsoever). I really need to work on formulating a plan of action based on my reads and villain's actions. When villain raised me to 9, I felt like it was a bet to knock me off AK/AQ type of hands (but honestly, don't know why I felt that, or if I should have felt that).

[/ QUOTE ]
Ask yourself this question: If you feel he's often trying to knock you off of AK/AQ, that means he doesn't have a hand better than 1 weak pair, right? So, why do you want to reraise to knock these weak hands out? AA is way ahead of all these hands, and they are much less likely to put more money in when you 3-bet.