Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Awkward situation with my buddy, his GF, and my Ex

I met some very cool people in my two year stay in California, my buddy Miguel, his girlfriend Brittany, and my ex-girlfriend, Blair. (Brittany's, and Miguel's former best friend)

Miguel and I grew close, he always confided in me that he'd been sleeping with other women off and on during his three year relationship with Brittany. Not to mention, he loved strip clubs, and gawking at other women. He never really seemed ashamed of any of this.

I've never told any of this to Brittany, didn't want to get involved. Until recently, Blair found out, and confirmed through me that Miguel has in fact been sleeping with a co-worker, one who works with Miguel and Brittany. Blair is super protective of her girl friends, and made Brittany aware.

As I figured, Brittany, denied this, didn't believe Blair, and sided with Miguel. Miguel played dumb, fed Brittany a bunch of [censored], and promptly took her to Vegas. He's super conniving, manipulative, and persuasive. Brittany falls for his [censored] all the time, she loves Miguel, and doesn't want to see a three year relationship crumble. They share an apartment, two cars, and have talked about kids. She's in denial.

Brittany has basically removed Blair from her life, and Miguel is super pissed at Blair for "trying to ruin a relationship", Blair is now considered a "man hater", and a bad guy.

I've stayed out of it because I live 2000 miles away, don't want to get involved, and feel that I shouldn't. However, I have told Blair what I know, and expect that she doesn't reveal me as the all-knowing third party. I'm playing Devil's advocate, and keeping my mouth shut.

Blair knows she's done all she can do. If Brittany is going to fall into denial, and dismiss every claim, that's her fault, she'll end up getting hurt, but she'll find out for herself later on in life.

How would you play it? Tell Brittany what I know and face Miguel knowing he's gonna flip out, probably threaten me with [censored] claims, and nix me as friend. Or, hang low, and stay out of it?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Awkward situation with my buddy, his GF, and my Ex

snitches get stitches
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 PM

When Blair gets sick of being the bad guy, she WILL out you as her source. (Why do people who divulge secrets expect others to keep theirs?) With that given, do you still have a question?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM

you're a [censored] for telling the girl anything, don't forget your ex is the one doing the manipulating here, miguel is just a guy trying to get his end in.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Awkward situation with my buddy, his GF, and my Ex *DELETED*

Post deleted by Nick B.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:49 PM

The girl already knows he's cheating. She doesn't care, she wants to keep the relationship going. Just stay out of it.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:52 PM

my life philophy: try to know as little gossip as possible and share even less.

one time i was in a parking lot waiting to meet some buddies to go to a yankees game and saw my friend's dad meeting a prositute (the parking lot had been in the police reports for such acts so i was pretty sure). i just slid down in the drivers seat and never said a word. it was confirmed in my mind when my buddy said his dad shot the round of his life golfing recently. but yea, 99% of the time, it's just not my place so i keep my mouth shut. if people are gonna be put into life or death situations, thats one thing, but i like to learn from my own mistakes and expect others to do the same.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
deleted

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, these posts put me on tilt. Clearly it's just a facetious off-hand remark buried in an OOT thread on 2+2, but seriously -- when you take a step back, look at what is being said. In a thread about a guy who consistently cheats on his girlfriend and lies to her and her friends, the jerk's buddy who has stayed out of the way is the one being told to commit suicide.

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to keep staying out of it because I live 2000 miles away, don't want to get involved, and feel that I shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/end thread]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:16 PM

I was faced with a similar decision in my past. Much like you want to, I told the girl. Unlike you, I now realize that it was a terrible decision. People believe what they want, and even presenting them with irrefutable evidence gets you no where.

I know you want to help your friend out, but like someone said above she knows what's going on and just doesn't want to believe it.

It sucks terribly. I feel for you, but you just got to let them [censored] up on their own.