Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: JC Tran Controversy at Foxwoods

Matt has better knowledge of the foundations of TDA rules, and the situations that helped them come about. One of the ground rules for creating or amending TDA rule is that it's easy to implement and understand, and can be applied in a vast majority of situations. By making a rule with the constraints you list above, a whole Pandora's box is opened on how to shoot angles against the rule. For every rule created, there is a way to exploit that rule to benefit or harm a player.

The situation we saw in the video was very unique. We had video. In 99% of the situations, there is no video, and we have to rely on details from the players and the dealer. How often when we come to the table would we have to sort out "did he really intend to fold" "I didnt mean to fold" "yes you did" "i tried to turn my hand up, but the cards were blown over" etc. Becuase there is no easy way to make this a standard rule, it probably isn't feasible to make it a rule.....

Just my opinion
Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 PM

The negative is that how could we determine if he was chip dumping or stealing? There is no way to know. By killing his hand you ensure that he can chip dump, because at that point he has no way to win the pot...
Old 11-09-2007, 11:53 PM

Matt, I still want WK on the money line vs KR
Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt has better knowledge of the foundations of TDA rules, and the situations that helped them come about. One of the ground rules for creating or amending TDA rule is that it's easy to implement and understand, and can be applied in a vast majority of situations. By making a rule with the constraints you list above, a whole Pandora's box is opened on how to shoot angles against the rule. For every rule created, there is a way to exploit that rule to benefit or harm a player.

The situation we saw in the video was very unique. We had video. In 99% of the situations, there is no video, and we have to rely on details from the players and the dealer. How often when we come to the table would we have to sort out "did he really intend to fold" "I didnt mean to fold" "yes you did" "i tried to turn my hand up, but the cards were blown over" etc. Becuase there is no easy way to make this a standard rule, it probably isn't feasible to make it a rule.....

Just my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, that pretty much makes sense.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 AM

Any pair colluding by mucking an all-in hand isn't very bright. What about players who fold to a tiny raise? That is tiny relative to the size of the pot. That must be legal. Looks very suspicious. What if someone folded to a one chip raise in a very large pot?