Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
If today is anything to go by NL$200 on FT will be a crazy AI luck fest within a month. Lots of the super-agro NL$100 players have moved up now and the skill in the game is purely preflop range estimation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but there aren't too many regs from NL100 that have moved up recently. Myself, nector33, nlife, and timid flower are the only NL100 regs that have moved up lately that I know of and I don't think we play much different than any of you older regs. You and I tangled a bit today, but all-in-all it was pretty much even. What was up with calling me down w/ TPTK all the way to the river on that ugly of a board?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 PM

That actually is quite a few NL100 regs, and don't forget Gaby. All have more aggressive styles than average from what I've seen.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I'm steaming I DO talk too much. That's something I need to work on but it appears to be my biggest challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your chat banned like I did, I don't think I'm ever gonna get it turned back on. It's way +EV and I think I actually tilt LESS not being able to chat and berate people.
Only thing I miss is being able to say NH, and TY when complimented by a fish who handed me money.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If today is anything to go by NL$200 on FT will be a crazy AI luck fest within a month. Lots of the super-agro NL$100 players have moved up now and the skill in the game is purely preflop range estimation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but there aren't too many regs from NL100 that have moved up recently. Myself, nector33, nlife, and timid flower are the only NL100 regs that have moved up lately that I know of and I don't think we play much different than any of you older regs. You and I tangled a bit today, but all-in-all it was pretty much even. What was up with calling me down w/ TPTK all the way to the river on that ugly of a board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that's a lot, there are a few others as well.

As for AK vs QQ hand the reasoning was two fold:

One, to start to build a picture of your ranges and styles as that was the first real pot I recall getting involved with you in. Two, AK had some value. You raised UTG or UTG+1 and holding AK we take a flop of A,Q,x. Your bet and my call is standard - there is little value in me raising as you'll fold all weaker hands. I don't recall the turn but I wasn't overly concerned. You bet and again I call. Sticky territory now but you could very well have me on a draw and again AK is worth a call - having raised in an EP most aggressive regs would double barrel that board. The river hit the flush draw and you value bet again - which sucked! The bet wasn't massive and I have to believe I'm beaten often. However, having come this far it would be a crime to fold and have absolutely no more information on how you play than when I started.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Maybe it was just a bad day but nearly every time I raised I'd look back to find that one of the following players had called:

You (less so), GabyGaby, Timid Flower, ggandgl (he's one of the other ex-$100s), ralphd27, or Talin222 (he's another).

Then there was the inevitable float and it means that the key decisions by both parties are being made on the turn with in the region of $45-50 already invested in the pot.

These are all solid regs and probably all winning players. Why they feel the need to continuously call and float another reg is beyond me. I had a horrible day and still made 0.97bb/100 so I really don't know how they think I'm just going to donate to them and I'm sure as hell not willing to stand by and *raise, bet, check, fold*. By the end of the day I was forced to make some high variance adaptations that I'm not comfortable with but I know that I have to make them.

I know it sounds like I'm winging (and I am) but I just prefer to be able to play lots of tables and have a relatively stress few few hours and still make money. I'm confident I can still make money even with the aggro 3-better/floater type players but it's just so much more stressful and can see all your stacks yo-yo'ing so much more. Crucially I just don't see the need unless these players think they can crush my game this way? Did you get that impression?

I sometimes think these players believe they have discovered something special but it's really not that hard. Tomorrow everyone try this: wait till a player with stats of around 16/8/4 with a WTSD of 18-21% and cbet of 80%+ and an att.steel of 25%+ raises some limpers from the CO. Now flat call him in the BTN with ATC. Pause a second and call his cbet if HU on ANY board. If he checks, bet turn or if he bets raise/push turn. If you've been quiet at the table, I assure you this is a profitable play even blind to your own cards and the flop.

Now try and repeat the same move 10 times in the next hour and see where that gets you. If your opponent keeps folding he's an idiot and a license to print money. On the other hand if your opponent has any brains he'll wipe you out.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:11 PM

Another point is this:

I'm sitting in BB and solid regular with high steel raises first in from the BTN. I hold A9s in the BB and fold. Do you think I don't know that A9s is ahead of his BTN range? Do you think I don't know that he may well have 97o or A5s and I could be dominating him, etc! I'm not daft! But at the same time I just don't see the need to continuously fight back OOP. I'm happy to fold and then perhaps elsewhere on another table I'll attack his blind with a SC. It all works out in the end.

Of course I could start 3-betting them everytime and then they start 3-betting me, and then the light 4-betting starts, and then we start getting it AI light...and.....and.....and.....it still works out even in the end but stacks are flying about left right and centre.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM

......and breathe.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 PM

LOL, I ranted pretty bad huh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I'm steaming I DO talk too much. That's something I need to work on but it appears to be my biggest challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your chat banned like I did, I don't think I'm ever gonna get it turned back on. It's way +EV and I think I actually tilt LESS not being able to chat and berate people.
Only thing I miss is being able to say NH, and TY when complimented by a fish who handed me money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there's definitely something to be said about this. While I have no doubt it works, I actually really enjoy chatting with people at the tables. Most of my conversation is very friendly. It's a key part of the poker experience for me and have met many great people. Only playing 5 tables I usually have time to talk a bit. Some of the people I've met even ended up becoming rakeback referrals for me later on down the road.

If somebody at the table is really polite, it's hard for me to get mad even if I know they just laid a sick one on me. It's the people who lay bad beats on me who either never talk or even worse, talk as though their play was justified, that drive me up the wall. Although the berating of donks is not uncommon for me, for the most part I'm able to keep my cool at the tables and for now will try to keep going as is. If it gets really bad perhaps I'll consider getting the chat shut off.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this should be renamed "the official FT regulars smacktalk thread."

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the best FR reg on FTP

discuss