Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Tuco_Ramirez PWNING Antonius on FT 1k/2k right now

I believe this is our Tuco, Adam from www.bigpoker.ca

Those were some interesting hands. I'm constantly amazed at how small the difference is between blufftardedness, thin valuebettedness, and crazy agressiveness required for HU play.

For perspective, from games I've railbirded, Luigi plays and raises 95% of his hands from SB, and gets to showdown with about 50% of all the hands he plays, making these games action-fests.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and it's over

Almost from the time I started this thread, the match turned, with Antonius consistently getting the money in good post-flop. I've heard how he's "learning the limit games," etc., but he plays very well from what I saw here, and there actually were some telling hands. Get'em next time, Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about Patrik he's almost a limit player first. (Technically he played PLO first but then played zillions of hands of LHE before getting into NL.)
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 PM

My guess is Tuco is a 20k-30k/hr dog. It might take Antonius a while to figure out how to handle him though.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:18 PM

Tuco, who is a competent player from what I've heard, has no chance in HU O8.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't 4-bet bluff the turn when it can never work on that street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classy advice. This may be one of the better rules of HU 08. You could amend it to, never stone bluff period on a 2 low bard (pre-river).
Old 05-17-2007, 06:23 PM

So sad. Micturation Man, I should have given you the heads up to get this matchup before Antonius.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is Tuco is a 20k-30k/hr dog. It might take Antonius a while to figure out how to handle him though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. Antonius played very well IMO vs. a player who was just going off pot after pot, which made no sense once he'd established that he was capable of it. When I'm playing my worst, this is what I do.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me this is Tuco from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Guys,

It wasn't me making the decisions or taking the risk. After watching the hands and looking at some of the histories, I don't think I would be a dog to PA HU O8. Not bragging, because he would destroy me at every other dicipline of the game (except maybe short handed poo-flinging), but O8 isn't his best game. Of course, this is a bit like saying that I would be a better house painter than Michaelangelo, but you get the idea.

FWIW, I think alot of people who post here would be +EV against him. Gergery etc. Not sure, however, how long that will last with the poker brilliance the man showcases on a daily basis.

Tuco.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Guys,

It wasn't me making the decisions or taking the risk. After watching the hands and looking at some of the histories, I don't think I would be a dog to PA HU O8. Not bragging, because he would destroy me at every other dicipline of the game (except maybe short handed poo-flinging), but O8 isn't his best game. Of course, this is a bit like saying that I would be a better house painter than Michaelangelo, but you get the idea.

FWIW, I think alot of people who post here would be +EV against him. Gergery etc. Not sure, however, how long that will last with the poker brilliance the man showcases on a daily basis.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats' an offer to stake me, I accept, lol.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Guys,

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the variance in LO8 is higher than I appreciate, because both Chau and Patrik have really sick winrates in my DB, over large samples, and I always though both of them had obvious leaks in their games.