Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Would You Try It? Live Shenanigans (long rambling post)

Thanks for all the replies.

[ QUOTE ]
Heres what I don't get. If villans play is straightforward enough that we can deduce (and it appears with amazing accuracy) that villan has exactly AAA, then what hands are we calling the turn with that isn't some form of straight/flush draw. The most suspect play of them all would be knowing your opponent has trip aces and calling to hit a card that may or may not be good enough to rep a bluff and then trying to rep a hand if it hits.

[/ QUOTE ]
--Good point, Ellsworth, and recall that I was not Hero in this hand. I would've been sick with JJJ, and folded it if I was playing well. QQQ I have to get broke with, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
[The notion that it being Villain's last hand is relevant] is completely wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
--duck
Probably this was just duck's trademark sarcasm re: a super-obvious point, but if not, WTF? Obviously it's very relevant.

[ QUOTE ]
[A guy called me with AA even though I made a super-sick bluff, and I'm a gigantic nit]

[/ QUOTE ]
--mikech

VERY good point, Mike. I think I have to take it from you, because I have the loosest, donkiest image at the table always, and you of course have the "I must pry these chips from my ass with a crowbar before I put them in the pot," image, from what I've heard, so if a bluff doesn't work for you, then it probably won't work for me often enough to be worth it. Case closed.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 PM

nah, case not closed. id be dissapointed in myself if i couldnt muster up the cojones to push here.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:29 AM

haha i read that post as "irrelevant." either that or i was just in a contrary mood. or maybe i was just being sarcastic....

point is yes i agree, obviously no one wants to busto on their last hand.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:21 PM

cero interesting post, i agree this is an important type of situation. i think this is definitly a bluff on the river, but people need to be careful because it depends on the opponent. a lot of people will check the river with a set, and bet small with a flush looking to call that raise. so basically it i hand reading and out thinking the opponent.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:47 PM

In my live experiences weak players just wont fold sets.

Also, if the player is as weak as you say, wouldnt it be possible for him to have the nut flush? He bets and reraises AKs or ATs or something like that hoping to win on the flop but if not has the nut draw, the hits top pair on the turn, bets big still wanting to win the pot right there, and then hits the nut flush on the river, and knowing you dont have the nuts, simply donks off a small bet just trying to get a little extra value. This seems like a possible line for a weak player.

One other thing i thought is that if he has a set the 400 bet is saying "i want to showdown cheaply" but it is saying i want to showdown. Thus, he is like likely to call a big shove, though he will do so timidly.