Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Official 2007-08 College Hockey thread

Revising this idea because I'm super-excited now that I have both CSTV and ESPNU and actually get to watch some names.

Michigan and Boston U playing right now and already a terrifically exciting back-and-forth 1st period in one of the greatest atmospheres in all of college sports imo.

North Dakota is #1 in the country and my alma-mater and team I used to do play-by-play for, Miami of Ohio is #2 and already leading Nebraska-Omaha 1-0 tonight.

#4 Colorado College is playing #7 New Hampshire in a fairly big non-conference game.

It's pre-season rankings though and doesn't really mean much. Miami was #2 at one point last year I think as well...and then barely squeaked into the 16 team NCAA tournament at the end of the season partly, I think, to getting a little help in some other games.

Man, I've got to get back up there sometime to attend a game or three.
Just like some people prefer college football or college hoops to the NFL or NBA brand, there are those of us who vastly prefer the excitement of NCAA-Hockey over the NHL.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Official 2007-08 College Hockey thread

[ QUOTE ]
Revising this idea because I'm super-excited now that I have both CSTV and ESPNU and actually get to watch some names.

Michigan and Boston U playing right now and already a terrifically exciting back-and-forth 1st period in one of the greatest atmospheres in all of college sports imo.

North Dakota is #1 in the country and my alma-mater and team I used to do play-by-play for, Miami of Ohio is #2 and already leading Nebraska-Omaha 1-0 tonight.

#4 Colorado College is playing #7 New Hampshire in a fairly big non-conference game.

It's pre-season rankings though and doesn't really mean much. Miami was #2 at one point last year I think as well...and then barely squeaked into the 16 team NCAA tournament at the end of the season partly, I think, to getting a little help in some other games.

Man, I've got to get back up there sometime to attend a game or three.
Just like some people prefer college football or college hoops to the NFL or NBA brand, there are those of us who vastly prefer the excitement of NCAA-Hockey over the NHL.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are few things I've grown to love more than WCHA Hockey over the years.

I make it a point to go to as many SCSU hockey games as I can. The atmosphere when UND or Minnesota come to town is ridiculous. Our football team, which is down a bit this year but has been very competitive over the last few years, doesn't draw NEARLY as many fans as most of our games at the National Hockey Center.

We may not be a big school like Minnesota or Michigan, but we're pretty damn good at what we do, and teams know they had a fight when they leave this ice.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 PM

I've been to games at St. Cloud and think it's a pretty exciting atmosphere. Not exactly a Michigan Yost Arena but still pretty worthwhile.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 PM

Geez. The Boston U goalie just made two fantastic saves.
0-0 in the 2nd period and this game is freaking great.