Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Why is Mr Gatorade the most annoying person ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he quits people after taking most of their money if they get below 5 bbs and if they cant reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who DOESNT do this is [censored] stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never used to do it cuz i always considered it kind of [censored] up to just quit someone and leave them with less than a buy in especially after a long session or if im up a lot, but then i lost 280k in 45 min and learned my lesson about playing people with 5bb

[/ QUOTE ]

In 5bb chunks? I mean seroiusly...

JT
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 PM

You don't know that they are down to the last 5BB's in their whole acct.
They could just be refusing to reload because they like the advantage of having the short-stack...and then they plan on reloading if they lose the short-stack.

So I don't think it's such a horrible thing to sit-out when the opponent gets down to 5BB's.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 PM

so someone explain to me how having 5bbs is an advantage?
dont effective stacks make their no advantage?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so someone explain to me how having 5bbs is an advantage?
dont effective stacks make their no advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is right, but say you look at it this way. 55% of the time you're going to win. Those times you win an average of 5BB. Say the other 45%, you're average loss is 7BB though. Over all, in this case, you would lose.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 PM

Well my stand is this....

#1... If You dont play me then you should not be able to have your own table and wait for the fish to play you instead of me. I took this stand on FTP and am critisized so much about it that FTP made 15 tables of HU instead of the 4 and told me I can sit but not follow. I follow this rule because I have to respect there position but do not agree. On absolute and UB they agree with me on this issue but the more important issue of bots are simply ignored. This will change soon as the "media" is about to get involved. More to come on this later.

#2... 5bb is a simple rule that I have utilized in the respect of avoiding hit and runs. I have played over a million hands and thousends of hours all heads up. Its been my experience that hit and runners will utilize the small "short stack" style and then hit and run on me. As most of you know I absolutly HATE hit and runners so this is how I prevent it. The downside to this is I am losing value to horrible players but most horrible players that wont reload are intending to hit and run me in the first place. I also lose the have to go bust before reloading and lose potential income to this but i feel its a risk i take to prevent hit and runners.

#3... I have the reputation to drop 10-20K at a drop because I dont quit people and have huge ego. This has caused me hundreds of thousends of dollars all I ask is people to do the same and that is why I ask for them to reload. Why put me at risk for losing lots if they wont do the same.

#4... I know most seems like this is unethical and not right but I disagree. For many that have met me in real life knows first and formost I am one of the most trusting and honest people they will ever meet. This is why I love 10-20k freezeouts live so all this "unethical" talk simple cant happen. I am simply protecting my own interests since I am no longer in the Navy and this is my only source of income.

-Crazy Mike
Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Leaving aside the moral question, what if some one retaliates by following you around and sitting out in all your tables? Isn't this kind of mutually assured destruction? You don't let them play. So they don't let you play, and you both lose your chance to play fish.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leaving aside the moral question, what if some one retaliates by following you around and sitting out in all your tables? Isn't this kind of mutually assured destruction? You don't let them play. So they don't let you play, and you both lose your chance to play fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends who has more money in their account...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 AM

its especially dumb for you to do this mike because neither of us are good enough compared to the other HU to make playing worthwhile. the rake would probably win.

though i am up like 2k on you lifetime!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am no longer in the Navy and this is my only source of income.

-Crazy Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget your trust fund

On a seperate note, Im going to laugh my ass off when the thread titled "Proof that Mr Gatorade is running a bot" comes
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 AM

i used to agree with you however, i have found that over and over again, given the oppertunity the other player will and it seems try to [censored] me right up the ass. so now my position is unless they are totally horrible and are a reg. i will do whatever i think is best for my short term interests.