Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: PokerStars: Allow Datamining

nits 15 tabling hurt the games a lot more than the rare successful cheating scandal that happened on AP
Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in case you missed it, it was the river aggression factor that highlighted a few of the cheating accounts at AP

[/ QUOTE ]
no it wasn't. You are like republicans: know nothing but who cares whan it cas support their interests.

1) there was a person who started tilting ... said "wait" .. left ... came back ... played like a god.
2) there was a person that gained FULL hand-history log for a tourney. No way you can prove something without this.

[ QUOTE ]
it was the large pattern of identical stats at FTP that highlighted the bots

[/ QUOTE ]
as you said. The regulars have enough stats. They can find it. So you can if you play a lot.
And if you don't why do you care?

You want to datamine because of post-analyzes, don't you?
You don't want to datamine because of "hell what he check-raised river means", do you?

[ QUOTE ]
players found it, not the site

[/ QUOTE ]
AFAIK Pokerstars is the one of the sites that really search for bots.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nits 15 tabling hurt the games a lot more than the rare successful cheating scandal that happened on AP

[/ QUOTE ]

but how much [censored] is going on undetected right now that we dont know about, that someone might have discovered who datamines? IMO, datamining just doesnt really increase someone edge enough to matter, so theres not too much to lose by allowing it
Old 10-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Please stop posting in this thread if you don't understand datamining.

In light of current events I don't see how it can be a good idea for Stars not to allow it.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they are and they sell their info
it's sick pstars is allowing these guys that break the T&C to make $$$$$ selling hand histories

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. Finally we found out the real problem. You don't like they datamine and you can't.
If you want to burn your money by buying some database, do so.

BTW. I thought of buying something before I reached the limits of my computer. Right now I even think of deleting something!
I really doubt anyone who played more 2 months will want to (need to) buy anything...
Maybe when one-tabling. But I really don't care what one-tabling begginers do.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

If it goes to SHOWDOWN, the cards are already shown. You just have to go back into hand history to see.

If you want to see for who reraises your river bet, then yea..that's cheating more than data mining.

I still say no, it's a retarded idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just stop posting now. Every post of yours in this thread has been retarded.

Yes you can look back and see what people who made it to showdown had on the river. What MT2R is asking for is Pokerstars to allow this info to be collected by observers.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) there was a person who started tilting ... said "wait" .. left ... came back ... played like a god.
2) there was a person that gained FULL hand-history log for a tourney. No way you can prove something without this.

[/ QUOTE ]

We figured out there was cheating going on well before the full hand history log came out. So STFU if you don't know what you're talking about you filthy republican.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
in case you missed it, it was the river aggression factor that highlighted a few of the cheating accounts at AP

no it wasn't. You are like republicans: know nothing but who cares whan it cas support their interests.

Quote:
it was the large pattern of identical stats at FTP that highlighted the bots

as you said. The regulars have enough stats. They can find it. So you can if you play a lot.
And if you don't why do you care?

You don't want to datamine because of "hell what he check-raised river means", do you?

Quote:
players found it, not the site

AFAIK Pokerstars is the one of the sites that really search for bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

The regulars do not have enough hands to spot these things. It took hundreds of thousands of hands on each player to out the FT bots. This was only able to be done with the help of dataminers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you speak english? I can barely decipher your [censored].

Datamined hands really aren't that valuable for figuring out what a river checkraise means from a specific opponent unless you think that dataminers are going through all their hands individually(they aren't).
Old 10-19-2007, 06:32 PM

I agree

I HATE datamining (too lazy to do it on my own, so don't want others to have that edge on me)

but I think it shows bots/scandals etc. etc. and is thus overall good for the industry.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please stop posting in this thread if you don't understand datamining.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a "only if you agree you can post" thread?
[ QUOTE ]
In light of current events I don't see how it can be a good idea for Stars not to allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you are the man who really don't understand consequences.

Datamining had NOTHING to do with the disclosure of the scandal.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice. Finally we found out the real problem. You don't like they datamine and you can't.
If you want to burn your money by buying some database, do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you [censored] moron. It's very clear what his motives are. He wants to prevent cheating similar to that which has been brought to light recently with the help of dataminers.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW. I thought of buying something before I reached the limits of my computer. Right now I even think of deleting something!
I really doubt anyone who played more 2 months will want to (need to) buy anything...
Maybe when one-tabling. But I really don't care what one-tabling begginers do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody NEEDS to buy anything. People do because they think it gives them an advantage when in reality any advantage they gain from datamined hands is negligible.

The whole point of this thread is that allow very slight advantages to dataminers is outweighed by the fact that dataminers find bots, chipdumpers, and other cheaters that hurt the games much more.