Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Media Coverage of AP scanal: Good thing or bad thing

im probably in the minority here, but i dont think this will have much of an impact overall (traffic-wise.) AP may get hit hard, but i dont see this stopping people from playing on other sites.

in response to people who cant see an upside. im sure every major poker site is watching this carefully. and none of them wants to follow APs footsteps here. surely its a good thing for other sites to see all of this and double check that every precaution is being taken so that they dont make the same mistakes.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Short term it's obviously bad, potentially long term I think it could be good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't see an upside here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:10 PM

GREAT!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:12 PM

do you guys think AP will shut down?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Media Coverage of AP scandal: Good or bad

for me it's pretty simple. The owners and management of absolute poker where either directly responsible for or complacent of money being stolen from it's customers. I can forgive a flaw in security if it is aknowledged and corrected. I cant forgive owners/management deciding the best way to handle the incident is to lie/coverup/deny and hope it goes away. I don't think absolute is worthy of our trust anymore and should be out of business.

I just don't see any way that will happen quietly. Honesty in dealing with costumers is what we need above all else in this industry, and it has been pretty poor in general since the begining. If it's neccesary for my income to decrease some to make an example of absolute and hopefully encourage more honesty and transperancy in the industry in the future, I'll take the hit.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM

I think you guys are missing the major point here. If AP is allowed to get away with covering up this scandal and continue lying to its customers, what do you think will happen if a cheater is caught in the future? You better believe that all the other sites are closely monitoring the AP scandal and if AP gets away unpunished with covering up the allegations and the standard issue denial of all accusations, then we will be sending the message to ALL other poker sites that if a cheater ever gets caught on their site they can just deny all accusations and quietly sweep the incident under the rug!

The way that AP has handled the situation so far was easily predictable. AP will do and say anything they can to avoid admitting that someone/some people compromised the security of their site. Admitting this would be devastating to their image in an industry that is so strongly founded on a trust between the customer and the site. If other poker sites see AP get away with this, they will go the exact same route that AP is trying to take right now.

The only way that we will get AP to admit full responsibility is to put immense pressure on them and the best way to do that is to get this story into the mainstream media all over the country/world. If we don’t do this the integrity and safety of all future online poker gaming will be completely compromised. Cheaters will see that there will be no consequences if they are ever caught because it will be clear that they will be protected by the sites in the interest of self-preservation.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM

It may look bad to the general pubic, and confirm their belief that online gambling is "rigged" for lack of a better term, but in the end the truth is always a good thing.

I could see this eventually leading to real regulation and oversight, which in my opinion would be a good thing.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh, so terrible. all the regulars will stay, and fish will leave the games (not to mention he fact that fish will have an excuse not to deposit)

[/ QUOTE ]

really appreciate the 2c of yet another retard who has 300 posts in a week
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugh, so terrible. all the regulars will stay, and fish will leave the games (not to mention he fact that fish will have an excuse not to deposit)

[/ QUOTE ]

really appreciate the 2c of yet another retard who has 300 posts in a week

[/ QUOTE ]

Who happens to be fairly correct.