Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: cause of my Full Tilt Crashes, mouse clicks

My FTP crashes when I close multiple tables one right after another. Even if I'm not sitting down at them. Makes table selection a bitch. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 AM

I have submitted this thread to Full Tilt support, so hopefully they act on it. You may want to email them with your individual issues too.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM

I have emailed FTP support but they are useless.

From FTP support:
[ QUOTE ]
We at Full Tilt Poker strive to provide
> the best gaming experience for our players.
>
> That being said, I know quite a few of our players use AHK, and
recently
> the left-click/right-click issue has been causing similar crashes for
> them.
>
> Unfortunately, we cannot provide support for third-party scripts.
There
> are often proprietary functions within software packages that, if
> unknown to other software authors, can cause crashes or errors.
>
> You will have to contact the developers of AHK and other third-party
> tools in order to find out how to solve the issues.
>
> One thing I can recommend is that, if your Full Tilt Poker client is
> crashing, try running it without any third-party scripts or
> applications. If the issue is resolved, the problem most likely lies
> with the script or application that attempts to access the game
client.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I replied:
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

Please see below. One reason that a right then left click can occur is due to the use of the AHK script. Please note however that the client does crash when the script is not used (the script was merelt catalyst in diagnosing the problem), i.e. there is a fault in the FTP client which means that is a right click then a left click occurs the client will crash.
While
the use of an AHK script can cause the sequence of mouse clicks in question - it is not the AHK per se which is crashing the application.
It
is the clicks on the mouse which are causing it to crash.

I emphasise - It is the speed of the mouse clicks which are causing the crashing NOT the AHK script.

I use a facility to allow remote access to my desktop computer via a secure SSL connection. When I use my laptop to control my desktop computer (where i normaly play from) I can use the AHK script. The delay in the internet connection reduces the speed of the click and no crashes occur.

Please note that unless you are saying that you do not support windows plug and play software then the fault lies entirely within your software client.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only to get this reply!:
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for emailing Full Tilt Poker Support.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with the software. We would like you to reinstall the software for us. To do this, please follow the instructions below. If you keep extensive player notes, please backup your crazydia.DAT file located in your Full Tilt Poker folder.

- First, reboot your computer
- Uninstall the program using the Add/Remove programs tool located in Windows Control Panel
- Delete the originally downloaded file called Fulltiltsetup.exe
- Delete the Full Tilt Poker directory which, by default is located in "C:\Program Files"

Once that has been completed, do the following (but be careful not to delete anything other than this unintentionally as it could cause other programs or your system to potentially not work properly):

- Click on 'Start' and select 'Run...'
- Type in regedit and press 'OK'
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER and under Software, find the Full Tilt Poker folder and delete it
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and under SOFTWARE, find the Full Tilt Poker folder and delete it

Once that is done, reboot your computer once more and download a new copy of our software from http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/download.php and install it.

If you are still experiencing this issue, without the use of your AHK script, I would like you to provide us some technical information in an effort to determine why you are experiencing this issue. Please reply to this email with answers to the following questions with the file as requested.

- What Operating System are you using to play Full Tilt Poker?
- What Operating System are you using to Remote Access to your Full Tilt Poker Software?
- Does this only happen when you have remotely accessed your computer?

Please also supply us with a DirectX diagnostic report, so that we may see if there are any configuration conflicts between your system and the Full Tilt Poker software.

To run a DirectX diagnostic please follow these instructions:

- From the desktop, click Start and then select Run.
- Type "dxdiag" in the run box (without the quotes) and click 'ok' or press 'enter', this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
- Let the progress bar in the lower left finish going across.
- When it is done, click "Save All Information".
- This will open a window asking you where to save the text file it is creating. Choose your desktop.
- Please reply to this email with the report attached.

We will look at your report and see if there are any issues that require resolution.

Once we have received this information, we will be able to provide you with the most appropriate steps to resolving your issue.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us. We're always here to help.

Regards,

Keith B
Technical Representative
Full Tilt Poker Support

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously they dont bother to read what you send to them and send you back a generic response - so whats the point? I guess I'll just go play somehwere else!